• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I got a roadcrafter one piece

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just wanted to take a second to brag about the gently-used aerostich roadcrafter I got off craig's list today for $150.
It's quite easy to put on and remove, and I don't even have to take my boots off. I used to wear a 1 piece leather suit (teknic), but it was too cold in the winter, not waterproof, only had 1 tiny vest pocket, and did not fit well over my clothes. Of course I couldn't afford to buy a suit from aerostich, so I leaped at the chance to get a used one for this cheap. The fit is definitely liveable (especially for $150). The sleeves/legs seem to be the right length. It's a bit snug around my belly, but I just started running again last week. Hopefully I'll have some more slack around my midsection as I continue my running regimen. The guy I bought it from looked like he fit into it about 100 lbs ago.

Nice score. I'd been hunting on ebay and craigslist for one as well. Some decent deals are out there but I never saw $150 anywhere so you scored for sure. I'm looking to grab one later in the year as I decided to snag up a good deal on here for an Olympia mesh jacket and pants. I don't know if I could do the Roadcrafter through our super hot summers here.

Congrats on the find, what color is it?

Yeah you might be better off with that mesh stuff if you live in texas. I've read good things about olympia's mesh suit on web bike world. The summers here in San Diego are pretty mild, so the roadcrafter vents will probably be sufficient for me. Oh yeah, the suit is blue. I'll put up a picture later today.

A mesh one for TX heat is a good idea. I also bought a used one off ibmw.org. I got a size I wear a suit in and found it too snug and it was warm.

I sold it and found a 1 piece that is a bit more loose and like it. I only wear it for the cold though and the office laughs at me. I look like the Firestone Tire Mascot. :mrgreen:

I only wear it for the cold though and the office laughs at me. I look like the Firestone Tire Mascot.

You have to be a real man to wear and Aerostitch year round in Texas. Especially if you live in the more humid parts of Texas!

I can tell you, wearing one riding across Texas in July is a proven weight loss system!

You have to be a real man to wear and Aerostitch year round in Texas. Especially if you live in the more humid parts of Texas!

I can tell you, wearing one riding across Texas in July is a proven weight loss system!

P-Ratt had one on every time I have seen him on his bike. :hail:

Congrats on the great score :clap:

I had a chance to purchase an almost new RC one-piece in my size from an aquaintance of mine. Waited too long to ask about it and another aquaintance got it for $100 :doh:

Congrats on the great score :clap:

I had a chance to purchase an almost new RC one-piece in my size from an acquaintance of mine. Waited too long to ask about it and another acquaintance got it for $100 :doh:

I never get a chance at a deal like that.

+1

Wore one for twenty years in Texas, ATGATT, till it eventually seemed to have shrunk on me. ;-)

It's best in the Summer to stop and soak it with a hose periodically to keep things cool while moving. But that only lasts so long . . .

After two decades of use and a few zipper pull replacements I sold it a couple of years ago on ADV for about $300. It certainly is a bargain for $150 and you'll get a bunch of miles out of it.

You might contact Aerostich to see if they could tailor it for you as the extra room around the middle will help with airflow in the Summer and with layering in the Winter.

Probably a good idea to purchase the replacement Zipper Pull kit for your suit and carry it in the arm pocket. It's a pain to be on the road and unable to use one of the key zippers.

My Roadcrafter was replaced with a Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar suit and I have not regretted the change. That stuff was made for Texas.

Happy trails.

I have almost bought a Motoport jacket several
times. When I get to the part about buying waterproof
liner I usually back off. It just seems like it would be a
pain to have to pull over, strip down buck naked, to install
a waterproof liner.

Then the next time I ride across Texas in July I go back
to wanting a vented suit. My other problem is most of the
Motoport gear is made overseas. I know, get over it.
At the end of the day I would rather purchase Gear manufactured domestically.

Back