• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Has anyone tried the SHARK VISION R? if so, please can I have your opinion?

Dannyl

Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Levin
Hi,
I have a SHOEI RF1000 that I need to replace urgently due to loud wind noise (even when using ear-plugs).

If anyone has tried the SHARK VISION R, please can I have your opinion? particularly regarding wind-noise.

Thanks,

Danny

No experience with that model but had a RSFi and it was on there low end of the price band and it was a great helmet. I think the Shark brand is under rated.

Check www.webbikeworld.com for their helmet reviews and they might have one.

Hi Sharkey,
thanks. actually I asked about the RSF (and other models) but the dealer said that apparently the Vision R has become very popular with riders of upright bikes (Bandits, TDM's Fazers and so on)

According to them the racing type helmets are noisier.

It's a considerable expense, so I'm hoping to find someone who has already used one and hear his (her ?) opinion.

Brgds,

Danny

HI Eric,
the Shoei is two weeks old, and I have continuos ringing in my ears despite using ear-plugs. so the helmet is practically new, but obviously not suitable for me.

my bike has got the MRA vario touring screen BTW.

I tried riding with a BMW helmet borrowed from a friend and it made a huge difference. (he also tried riding with both helmets and agreed that the SHOEI is way too loud)

Brgds,

Danny

Back