• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

U-Clear Bluetooth Intercom?

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
I'm considering updating our old Cardo bike-to-bike (more like sidecar-to-sidecar) intercoms for me & Mrs. SwampFox, and I like the concept of the UClear boomless headsets. Has anyone used the UClear units for bike-to-bike intercom? If so, how'd you like em?

Re: U-Clear Bluetooth Interom?

I may be of a little help. I don't ride with a passenger and have not used the UClear for intercom. I do use it on both BMWs. On the K1600, I have it paired with the sound system on the bike, the GPS, and therefore my Apple phone as well. I have two helmets rigged up. Neotec has the mics up above my brow, the open face has the mics on the ear pieces. Both work well. Stereo sound is acceptable, tho not concert quality.

On the GSA, I have the UClear unit paired with the same GPS. GPS has an SD card in it for music. I still get the GPS instructions and phone.

I did try to pair up with another rider who had Sena 10 and we did not get it to work. In all fairness, I did not spend much time trying to get them to pair, as it was not important to me.

Re: U-Clear Bluetooth Interom?

Had the UClear in both helmets for wife & myself - worked just fine and no issues w/ a boom in your face. Good sound quality when communicating. Also found the sound quality acceptable when listening to music via Bluetooth from my phone files. Could listen/speak w/ people when receiving a phone call and they had no issue hearing/understanding me - they never knew that I was on the m/c.
Tried to pair w/ a friend who had a Sena - could only get it to work as open mic and this was with all the latest updates on the UClear. Friend gave me an older Sena to use so we could communicate on rides and I'm using it currently. I prefer the UClear d/t not having a boom but the Sena does seem to be more popular w/ the masses.
One last thing - UClear seemed to filter out nearly all noise - with the Sena, I pick up noise from others in the group if they have their face shields up or modular chin bars raised.

Thanks Roland & Ed - Our primary use is bike-to-bike intercom when traveling on the sidecar rigs, where we typically wear 3/4 helmets with face shields. Secondary use is phone calls, typically during sidecar rallies. It'd sure be convenient to eliminate the boom and also filter some noise (like the whine of a Burgman CVT). It'd be gravy to be able to link-up with other brands of intercom. I'll check 'em out some more.

The U-Clear units I have are great. I hated the thought of running a boom mic and this really solves the problem. With ear plugs in it gets a little hard to hear above 55 mph but a lot of that is based on windscreen type and helmet acoustics. Pairs easily - no complaints.

The VOX setting is pretty solid but if you cough or burp it'll transmit that too. :lol2:

Last edited:
Love mine. Get the optional ear buds, they make a big difference in noisy(windy) conditions. They work as your ear plugs and put the sound right where it belongs.

Back