• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ouachita mountains hotel?

In Mena, I've had good success at the Ozark Inn on US 59. Clean & cheap - right around $50 a night.

Last year, I couldn't find anything available for reservations in Mena, so stayed over in Waldron at the Waldron Inn on Frankie Matthew Drive. Even though they were listed on Hotels.com, they had apparently just severed ties with all travel sites, so I didn't have a reservation when I showed up. However, they were empty, so I got a room for about $5 less than I expected - $44 a night. It didn't look like much from the outside, but the rooms were clean and pretty well kept. I'm noting that the place has changed names since last year - it's now the Cypress Barn Lodge. About a mile north of the motel on 71, I found a pretty decent family style restaurant, the Charbroiler, where I had a good chicken fried steak for dinner.

If you want to go as far north as the Arkansas/Missouri area, the Carlton-Marion Inn in Yellville is locally-owned, clean, affordable and motorcycle friendly. Beautiful country with terrific rides. Maybe best of all, Push Mountain is right down the road.
http://carltonmarioninn.com/contactus.html
++++++
Nice out of the way location... Nice back yard.. Bbq & tables

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Theres a local place close to downtown Talihina....its changed owners since the 3 of us were there...but ...the place even had big corner rooms with 3 beds
Anybody got an update on motels in Talihina and in Northwest/central Arkansas? Going up the second weekend in October for 4 days.

Kinda thinking it might be nice to scoot up to Talihina after work and do Talimena drive first thing the next morning before pointing it North

But the biggest question is it in a "wet" county?

It's been about 2 or 3 years since I've been there but yes, the convenience stores sold beer and wine. I of course didn't purchase any, I just happened to see it as I was looking for health food.

I think I showed Rod the hotel in Yellville. A nice, very clean lodge owned by an older couple a block off of the main drag.

It's been about 2 or 3 years since I've been there but yes, the convenience stores sold beer and wine. I of course didn't purchase any, I just happened to see it as I was looking for health food.

Yea... Uhh, I was asking for a friend. Thanks for the info, Yellville is looking pretty good.

What about places to eat in the area? Yellville looks pretty slim, but maybe I'm missing something.

There was a Mexican restaurant jus up the road at an intersect... I had a pretty decent brkfast there. Usta have the Front Porch Cafe which was great....but is gone to the great beyond. The puzza place downtown is ...ok I think

Back