• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RRMT Riding Plans

Riding Saturday and Sunday or just Saturday?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Chance of rain has gone up to 50% for both days . Will keep an eye on the weather before heading up there .

With the temps as long as it not pouring rain it should be good. A while back, I checked the radar before we left and it looked good. Rained on use from about 30 minutes from the house. I asked if she (my wife) wanted to turn around and she said we came this far might as well see if its raining when we get there. It was..... Parked under the canopy by the oil pump to unload and get dressed. She was pretty reluctant to head out in the rain, but talked her into it and we headed for bills woods. So much tree cover you really could not feel any rain. Only in some of bare spots. Not to muddy. Eventually it stopped raining and turned out to be a great day. You never know.

Watch the hourly as it gets closer, but just be early day or late night rains. Temps in the 80s and cloud cover make for great riding! 50% chance it won't rain ;-)

Last edited:
With the temps as long as it not pouring rain it should be good. A while back, I checked the radar before we left and it looked good. Rained on use from about 30 minutes from the house until we got there. I asked if she wanted to turn around and she said we came this far might as well see if its raining when we get there. It was..... Parked under the canopy by the oil pump to unload and get dressed. She (my wife) was pretty reluctant to head out in the rain, but talked her into it and we headed for bills woods. So much tree cover you really could not feel any rain. Only in some of bare spots. Not to muddy. Eventually it stopped raining and turned out to be a great day. You never know.

Watch the hourly as it gets closer, but just be early day or late night rains. Temps in the 80s and cloud cover make for great riding! 50% chance it won't rain ;-)

I really want to go. The only reason I would cancel is if it's a mud fest . My 450 is no fun in a bunch of mud .

Weather underground says over night rain fall Friday starting at about 2 am going start to taper off on Sat @ 10 am. The rest looks like possibly 15% chance. My wife and I discussed heading out early on Sunday since she works some on Sat. If we do go we will be in a white 08 GMC with a older KTM125 and a newer KTM300. Has a white KTM sticker on the back window. We will be right around the time the gate opens. She hates the heat. Wants to get out early (like sun up). She doesn't mind getting up stupid early because I load everything and she sleeps in the truck the whole way! :eek2:

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Muenster, TX&MR=1

Last edited:
My plan is to leave Austin around 7am Saturday . Get there around noon. Ride some Saturday to get familiar with the place.
Ride Sunday .

Dodge Dakota (silver) with small green RV at electric sites.
Headed to bills woods :rider:

Great weekend , great place. Too hot now. Will try to go back when it's cooler. Best part was the bills wood section. Don't miss it.

Great weekend , great place. Too hot now. Will try to go back when it's cooler. Best part was the bills wood section. Don't miss it.

Sorry we missed you. Bills woods is pretty fun. It's my favorite place to ride there. I used to love the whole enduro there, but things were marked one way. Sometimes a little hard to navigate with the trails going every which way. My wife ended up have bike issues so we packed it up. I tried several different settings, but nothing made much of a difference. Didn't make to bills woods. Not sure what is going on with it, but I've been fighting it for a while. I think its something jetting related. Took jets to make some adjustments, but missed taking the main jets. Going to call around a bike to see if I can track down some settings and try to do some testing closer to home so I can get some decent summer time settings for the bike if its not some other issue. Going to repack and clean the silencer this week. See if that has any effect, but unlikely.

The heat sucks. Wish we lived to closer to the mountains! If you get out early (like sun up) and pack it in by 11 or so its not terribly bad, but still hot.

Last edited:
Probably going to be at RRMT on Sunday the 5th. Don't know that I will be pushing extreme difficulty but if anybody else is going I'd be up for a fast trail or two between beginner rides with my son (if he is there- if he's not, then they will all be fast-ish)

Back