• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure-O-Glide?

Well, you found an honest salesman? :rofl:

60s to 80s, American CARS were junk. It's what made me a Toyota guy. :D

No major argument there. But the up & coming V6 midsized cars were no worse than than the ponderous full-sized cars. GM was looking at the future. Dealerships were looking at the end-of-month floorplan. Old salesmen in bad suits were looking at their own biases. Which brings us back to HD.....

Different financial sector articles state HD will be introducing 20+ new models over the next several years. Believe I remember they said focusing on bikes from 250-750 (ish) to attract a new sector of riders - millennials. Additionally, their electric model will be out soon.

It appears some people forget ALL brands are having trouble attracting millennials. Millennials just are not interested in bikes of any brand. They have no desire to own any motorcycle.

Heck, HONDA is even bringing the CUB back in an attempt to change that. It appears they are hoping to develop or recreate bike fever as they did in the 60's. At that time it attracted an entirely new group that wasn't in the least bit interested before its arrival. Remember... you meet the nicest people on a Honda?

I think the HD Adv bike looks interesting. And really? Do you seriously think they would build it to 900 lbs? How about wishing them success as I do with ALL brands.

The industry needs our support and riders would like every rider's camaraderie and friendship.

"Do you seriously think they would build it to 900 lbs? "
Bike is stated as being around 600#

There was a pretty interesting article a couple of days ago from Revzilla. They talked a lot about the anticipated new roll-outs, but unfortunately no specs.

I haven't seen any info on it. Where have you found specs?

Good question, I surf the web like I change channels on tv. But I did see that, didn't just pull a number out of the air. If I had guessed I would have went with the 900#'s , lol!:trust:

I hope the new 975 and 1250 motors make it into the sportster lineup.

"Leading the electric motorcycle market by launching Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle, LiveWire™, in 2019 -- the first in a broad, no-clutch “twist and go” portfolio of electric two-wheelers designed to establish the company as the leader in the electrification of the sport. LiveWire will be followed by additional models through 2022 to broaden the portfolio with lighter, smaller and even more accessible product options to inspire new riders with new ways to ride." Media Kit

I mentioned in an earlier thread that if HD came up with a functional electric motorcycle with decent recharge times I would be in line to get one. Having seen the Livewire, I don't think that is it for me. But there are a couple of electric concept bikes that do have some interesting aesthetics. We'll see. We'll see.

I have absolutely NO interest in electric motorcycles. It's 20 miles to the nearest town here of ANY size. So, what would be the point? I like bikes with good mileage and have thought hard about a 250cc Honda dualsport AND looked hard at the Enfield offerings which do look interesting. Both are slower than the KLR I already have and don't ride all that much and neither get THAT much better gas mileage, so why bother? I'll save money and keep the KLR which handles our rough dirt roads well, even ride it out back now and then, though not as much now that I have an ATV. The KLR has 40K on the clock, still a lot of life left in it considering I don't put much on it in a year anymore.

But, forget electrics for me and I ain't even interested in the new bikes by Harley, though I'll watch and see the new stuff they come out with. Interesting. The bike market has gone to absolute squat in the last 10 years. This is really sad, but understandable. The Cruiser thing was a 30 year flash in the pan fad, wannabe bad boys on vacation from their medical and legal careers. That is done with. I wonder what the attendance at major rallies is doing, like Sturgis and Daytona? I know the racing thing has almost gone the way of the Triceratops. Hmm, well, is it any wonder I don't ride much anymore.....that and I'm turning 66 years old soon. :rofl:

I certainly understand that many of the new "_______ is not for me" sentiment. But I think we are missing the point of these new bikes.

In designing and bringing to market these new bikes, manufacturers are not necessarily trying to attract existing motorcyclist. (Yes, maybe HD wants to entice younger riders, but new is also on their radar.) Instead, in many instances, they are trying to attract NEW riders. For example, some enviro/green-yuppy who despises fossil fuel machinery. (HaHa). Or in Honda's case, reintroducing the Cub to get people started from the ground up.

As an example: My wife does not want to learn to ride bikes, but she said she would ride a Honda Cub. Humm.... We riders know where that might lead if she catches the bug from the cub.

Just saying...

I want to see the line of adventure gear HD will have to come out with for their riders...
Adv chaps, and Adv doo-rags...

Back