• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

That's Right I do my own maintenance cause I want it done right.

In the end, somebody needs to "own" the repair and make sure everything actually got done.

I wonder how often stuff like this happens in shops where multiple mechanics are working?

I think this sort of thing happens often in businesses where multiple parties contribute to the solution. I remember a recent NASA screw up where some sort of miscommunication/mis-conversation resulted in a Mars rover to fail when it got to Mars.

Good thing you found that washer. :sun:

I do have a list of things I would hire a professional if it needs to be done in the future.

1. Auto Window Tinting
2. Truck headliner reupholstered
3. Drywall and tape and texture.
4. Plumbing is almost on the list but not yet.

Funny you mention #1, because just yesterday I was looking at the tint on my front 2 windows of my truck. I thought, certainly I could (re)tint those things myself?!

Thanks
-CJB

the good parts are
#1 you are not hurt
#2 the bike is not damaged (wrecked or burned up engine)
#3 you learned a valuable lesson
#4 you didn't print out you real name so no one will recognize who you are and make sport of you.
DUMB ANAL HOLE!!!!!!! (just kiddin)

Some of us recognize him.

Seriously though, you didn't crash and I'd say your record is definitely on the winning average side so that's a good thing.

As for window tint, watched it done many times, looks easy. It's not. One box of tint in the trash and paid to have it done right.

Funny you mention #1, because just yesterday I was looking at the tint on my front 2 windows of my truck. I thought, certainly I could (re)tint those things myself?!

Thanks
-CJB
I can tell you it's not worth trying. You may have the nack or patience but I don't. I have tinted the same truck way to many times.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Back