• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking to Buy a 2002 DR650 w/2400 miles - Too Good to be True?

Reaction score
It's at a dealership and they said it was from the original owner - a rancher in Colorado that just used it to gather in his cows, but traded in on an ATV - thus he said the low 2400 miles.
All hoses and such look good. The bike looks very new, like it does indeed have only 2400 miles on it for an old bike. The dealership said they worked on the carb, replacing worn out gaskets and such. Seems to have the original Bridgestone tires on it and they too look good, no cracks or such.
My question: could there be much wrong with it? since it's pretty old, but only 2400 miles? Anything I should look out for?

Thanks for any help.

I recently bought a 2006 with 6000 miles. I went through the entire thing and found nothing wrong. Corroded connections, dry rotted wires nothing. If it was kept out of the weather u should be good. I would buy it.

I recently purchased a 2003 DRZ400 with 4300 miles on it. Plastics were pretty faded but all wiring and hoses are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input guys. Glad you mentioned the faded plastics, the one i'm looking at has no fade at all, looks new; must mean he kept it garaged.

Check and see if the upper roller has been removed or broken off. If it is still there then its a good sign that it was not abused and probably putted around on as inferred.

I'll check the upper roller, thanks. Will tell the price if and when I buy it; don't want to jinx anything. Less than half a new one.

Are we talking about the upper chain roller and why would someone remove it ?
Had the 05 DR650, solid reliable, not really any hoses to worry about that I remember, once you start changing exhaust and jetting you'll will always have decel popping, they are best left in stock form imo, run forever, a little heavy and under sprung but no big deal, good all round bike and good looking too, hope all goes as planned.

With the upper chain roller.. When the rear is fully compressed the chain can contact the roller with enough force to break the bolt leaving a really ugly hole in the frame.. This is very easy to do if you weigh 200 lbs and have a stock shock and spring..

Waiting for title on my trade in bike to possibly go get it. That yellow is starting to grow on me...think I'll call it Van Gogh Yellow, or better, Bruce Lee Yellow.

Attachments

• YellowDRonly.jpg
    YellowDRonly.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
I've always been a little partial to a blue and white mixture.. :rider:

RRJKU1TjpwFLF6Ww5NBjrRtVMMslhk_AykBIYmNG_jNw_-y3_nETWhdi7j8UIcf_iY0kT8Jf17xx8aHH7Q=w1034-h775-no.jpg

Blue and white always looks good. :rider:

Attachments

• DRBlueWhite.jpg
    DRBlueWhite.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 219
  • BlueWhiteHotDR.jpg
    BlueWhiteHotDR.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 195
Back