• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Garmin Quest Automotive Mount - better option?

jbh

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Henderson
I have a quest that I also use in the car from time to time. The suction cup mount that comes with it always falls off the windshield after several bumps. Looks like you can buy an aftermarket friction mount (to put on your dash) here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006HIILK/?tag=twowhetex-20

Has anyone used this and liked it? I has a 2610 for a short time that came with a bean bag mount I liked a lot, so I was looking for something to work with the quest that was similar.

Mine falls off after every few weeks/months, but I clean the mounting spot with alcohol and add a little spit to the suction cup and it works fine.

Mine falls off after every few weeks/months, but I clean the mounting spot with alcohol and add a little spit to the suction cup and it works fine.

+1

Mine was falling off every drive for a while. I cleaned the windshield and now use a little spit on the suction cup before mounting it... no problems.

Google this: Bracketron Nav-Mat

You can find traditional retailers like your fav GPS store or eekBay sellers (I got mine for $11.00). This nonslip donut is bigger and heavier than I expected but it works!

Suction cup your mount to the smooth round plastic pad in the middle, literally plop the donut onto a convenient spot on your dash and away you go. I got mine for use in rental cars when traveling. You can quickly slip the whole thing off the dash when parked to stash it.

No adhesives, no need to stick a plastic pad on your dash and if the suction cup loosens your GPS won't fall too far (like it might fall from the glass).

Aloha,
Huladog

Attachments

• 32742625-2-200-0.gif
    32742625-2-200-0.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 142
Back