• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Dual Sport rider from NW Houston

Reaction score
Hi let me start by saying I know I will catch some grief for this, but I proudly own a 2005 Sierra (Chinese Dual Sport).

I enjoy the bike, I bought it used last year, and so far I have yet to have any major problems with it. I did lose a bolt out of the Rear rack, and the fuel line was leaking around the inline filter when I first got it. I have only put about 500 miles on it since getting it in September. I don’t get to ride it much except for on the weekends. I would like to try and meet up with some people and possible do a little back road/trail riding if anyone knows of some places. I am also a member of Chinariders.net

Steven
-2005 SR200-

I doubt you'll get much grief here about the bike. In fact you'll probably get more questions about it. I'm curious to know more. If you get a chance, post up some pictures of it.

And welcome aboard.

Thanks for the kind words. When I first got the bike, it was REALLY Slow. It topped out around 40-45 MPH's Max. I changed out the Rear Sprocket from a 56T to a 45T and I moved the C-clip Down a few notches in the Carb. Now I can cruise on it at around 55-60mph all day long..I plan to do an UNI airfilter mod and put an aftermarket CDI on it. The guys on my other Forum have replaced their stock CDI's with an AMR CDI and they have been getting great results.

How's the fuel mileage out on the road? and how far can you go on a full tank?

Hi let me start by saying I know I will catch some grief for this, but I proudly own a 2005 Sierra (Chinese Dual Sport).

I enjoy the bike, I bought it used last year, and so far I have yet to have any major problems with it. I did lose a bolt out of the Rear rack, and the fuel line was leaking around the inline filter when I first got it. I have only put about 500 miles on it since getting it in September. I don’t get to ride it much except for on the weekends. I would like to try and meet up with some people and possible do a little back road/trail riding if anyone knows of some places. I am also a member of Chinariders.net

Steven
-2005 SR200-

I'd be more worried about people asking if they can ride it... Can I ride it? :rider:

here's a few photo's of the bike. I have since changed the seat cover on it also. I did that just a few weeks ago...as far as gas goes, I usally fill it back up after I get down to about 1/4 of a tank....right now I am getting about 60 MPG definetly the next time I take it out I will run it to E and calculate exact numbers...

P5300406.jpg

P5300408.jpg

P5300409.jpg

P5300410.jpg

P5300411.jpg

How big is the tank? We can make a quick calculation that will tell us the range...unless you need and excuse to go ride it dry :rider:

Ok, I need more details - a 200cc e-start dual sport that gets 60mpg is something I'd be interested in.

Oh, and hi! :wave:

Ok, I need more details - a 200cc e-start dual sport that gets 60mpg is something I'd be interested in.

Oh, and hi! :wave:

Well on my other forum Chinariders.net the Hi-bird has been getting great reviews. Here's one http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=showpro&spid=118&bs=&pz=&scid=68

It's a little different than mine, but I don't think the sale mine anymore..I have only seen a couple like mine on the internet. The good thing is most of these Chinese bikes parts are interchangable, and there is actually a few guys on the internet that are starting to sale aftermarket parts for them. http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net is one of them...

Now you have to be willing to turn a wrench on these things from time to time...and Lock tight is your very best friend....There is a little prep work when you first get them. Chinariders has a ton of smart guys and gals on it and they help out a lot of newbies...like myself this is my very first bike..you should check it out if you are serious about this style bike.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Japanese bikes loose bolts too... Don't ask how I know :doh: In fact, I need to go shopping for a replacement subframe bolt that seems to have gone missing after I recently T-boned an ATV on my KLR :eek2: :flip:

Back