• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brand new rider stumbled upon this page

cgoforth

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a brand new rider. I just completed the basic rider course. I purchased a 1976 bmw r90. I have grown up around motorcycles, and coincidentally all the bikes my father owned were BMW's, with the occasional GoldWing. I've read some posts and such, you all seem eager to help one another etc.
Anyway, my name is Charles and it appears that I live in a popular area (Leander/Cedar Park) where there are many other subscribers to this forum. I look forward to meeting and being a part of such friendly groups of different folks.

Welcome to the land or loonys. Be careful of those people in Austin, they may lead you down the road less travelled. Especially those GS people.

mrr1150gs said:
Welcome to the land or loonys. Be careful of those people in Austin, they may lead you down the road less travelled.

Hey Now, I resemble that remark :angel:

Any, welcome Charles. You are right there are a lot of good and helpful people here, even if there is the occasioinal spirited conversation about loud pipes, helmet laws, LEOs etc.

Not that I am trying to start anything here. :twisted:

Howdy Charles!

:tab Welcome to the site. How did you happen to stumble upon us?? Have you been able to get out and put some miles on the BMW? I have only recently got my first BMW, an R1150GS and have been having a ball with it :twisted: Of course, my tire budget is going through the roof as much as I ride the thing :shock:

:tab We are doing a maintenance day here in Huntsville on Saturday. If you have the time off, it is a nice ride over ;-) There looks to be quite a good crowd here and the weather should be great.

Adios,

I actually found this site through the magic of google. I was looking for used motorcycle dealers in the Austin area... one of the bites took me to a member's home website. http://home.austin.rr.com/rhome/moto/

So I checked out some links and this was one of them. I've really enjoyed reading shared experiences, so I decided to sign myself up and become a part of the community.

This weekend is my first weekend on the r90, so I plan to stay close to home and take as many rides around with my father to get used to the feel of the bike. I have tons of experience on two wheels. I raced mountain bikes on a semi-pro circuit! Heck, I'm even one of those dummies who you'll see riding his bicycle to work (for me it's a 38 mile hop) But alas, no road experience with a motorcycle. So I'm going to keep the first few rides near the sanctity of home. I figure I can keep up this deception for the first couple of weeks before I give into the voices that tell me to take a day trip.

BTW... I thoroughly enjoyed the reading/photos from your Big Bend trip. Big Bend has always been one of my favorite trips in Texas, I usually venture in an SUV, but wow, how much fun would it be on a bike!

cgoforth said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a brand new rider. I just completed the basic rider course. I purchased a 1976 bmw r90.
Welcome, Charles! Gotta love those old bikes! Good plan on the basic rider course, too! :chug:

So, you might want to show up at this rally next Sunday, June 6th. You'll fit right in! I'm planning to attend, albeit on my slightly later-model BMW.

And you're gonna love riding the Big Bend! It's fantastic! Then there's New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona...

Did we forget to mention that this motorcycle thing is addictive? :angel:

Back