• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2001 KLR650 13XXX miles *SOLD*

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Brewster
*SOLD Via Craigslist*

Pictures can be found in the Craigslist ad here.. The price is $2100 to a board member and if sold here the forum will get $100. A little more info that isn't in the Craigslist ad. I bought this bike in Oklahoma and it had definitely been dual sported a lot. The previous owner wasn't real good about putting things back on that he took off and didn't always get them tight when he did. I spent a fair amount of time going over the bike and it seems pretty solid to me now. I considered taking it to Mexico this spring, but went with the DRZ instead. That's pretty much why I'm selling it is because I tend to ride the DRZ more. The bike will also be advertised on ADV.

The info as it appears on Craigs list:

2001 KLR650 13XXX miles

The good. This bike is serviced and ready to ride. This is currently the least expensive KLR in the DFW area on Craigslist and it's among the least expensive in the state. It has a paint job that any true KLR owner can appreciate (it didn’t cost anything). It has a fresh oil change, new air filter element, nearly new Kenda 270 tires with Ride-On in the tubes and brakes that are 95%+. It has Moose Racing handguards, an aluminum skid plate, a Sergeant seat, front turn signals that are also running lights, a Wolo horn (same as Stebel), Motobat battery, an SAE plug adapter for charging and accessories, the old glass fuses and fuse holders have been upgraded to mini ATC fuses and provisions added for additional circuits. It has a clear title in my name.

It will come with numerous spares including oil filter and oil for your next oil change, a set of Shinko 705 tires that are 60% or so, a high output stator, a spare fuel tank with valve that you can paint anyway you desire, a stock seat, brake and clutch levers, clutch cable, shift levers, foot pegs and perches, a tall windshield, an extra aluminum skid plate, a tube for the rear tire, a Clymer manual and a few odds and ends.

The bad: It has a paint job that only a true KLR owner can appreciate and the original tool kit is missing.

The bike is being sold simply because I don’t ride it enough. I have three motorcycles and this one is used the least. I’ve owned it for five years and put less than 4000 miles on it. It has never given me any issues save loose hardware and carburator adjustments. It has never failed to start for me – even after sitting for a while – and it has always gotten me home. I don’t baby my vehicles, but I do maintain them for the long haul.

Last edited:
Re: 2001 KLR650 13XXX miles

You do have one for sale!
GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back