• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tiffany from Springfield, MO

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Tiffany Wilson and I live in Springfield, MO. I know, I know. I'm not from Texas, BUT half of my family is and I feel like I belong there anyway! ;-) I'm the biggest Dallas Cowboys fan of all time and after the cowboys come my motorcycle.

I have a '98 VFR800. I put the link to my web page at the bottom ... I hope it works! I have had my bike for a couple of years now and love every second I spend on it. I've done a few mods to it: Smoke Zero Gravity SR screen, high level carbon fiber Scorpion pipe (sounds great) and a throttle lock. I'm getting ready to do a few more within the next couple of weeks: Modify the seat cowl so it fits over the grab handles without taking them off, replacing the alan screws for the seat cowl with quick release pins and replacing the linkage to lower it about an inch. I'll keep you posted on how all of that goes. I plan on putting some R&G frame sliders on it before the summer is over and I'm also looking for a Sargent seat for it too. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions on any of the mods, please feel free to give me some pointers or tips! 8-)

I love it here in the Ozarks. The weather is great and plenty of things to do outdoors. I try to stay outside as much as possible when I'm not working ... just need to figure out a way to put a canoe on the motorcycle when I go floating! ;-) Good to join this forum. It looks to be a great one!

http://hometown.aol.com/twcowboylover/myhomepage/personal.html

Welcome to the forum!

The roads by you are a lot of fun.

Speaking of canoes, i'm going on a canoeing trip this weekend in San Marcos, TX. I should be quite burned by Sunday :-D

Welcome there VifferChic,

Think you are going to find a lot of people here jealous of your local. I love the Ozarks and just did a ride thru the southern part in AR a few weeks ago. It certainly is a beautiful place to ride

Welcome to the site. Let me know how the frame sliders work. I am very interested in putting some on my '00 VFR. I need them to help with my new found addiction. The Track...

I have not been in the Ozarks in a long time. I look forward to getting up there soon.

Hey Chris -

I'll let you know once I get the sliders put on. Gotta find an extra $250 laying around first! :-| But your new found addiction is the exact reason why I want to get them put on pretty quickly ... the track! I just can't get myself on the track without a good pair of frame sliders first!

Hope you can get up here to the Ozarks soon. It's quickly approaching the most beutiful time here.

:tab Tiffany, we are coming up to Eureka Springs Memorial Day weekend for some riding. If you can get down to join us it would be nice to meet you in person!

Adios,

Hey Hey Tiffany,

Good to hear from you. Glad to hear you have the greatest VFR in the line-up - the '98. It's the fastest and prettiest...

I'm interested in how you come out with the frame sliders too. Are you going with the HPS sliders? There is a "how to" over on VFR World. It's on my list of "to-dos" for my '98 also.

Dave.

Howdy,

:tab Just make sure the frame sliders you use are not the ones that simply screw in at the rear upper fairing bolt location. Those are a joke. The fairing stay behing the fairing that they screw into will bend at the slightest application of any force. They are very thin and not meant to support any weight. If the sliders don't actually attach to the frame somehow, I would be very suspect of them.

:tab Of course this raises an interesting dilemma. The 98-01 VFR is a hoot on the track. No it is not the sharpest weapon available, but the V4 is still a blast. Frame sliders or not, if you have even a mild get off, the chances of trashing one of the side mounted radiators is real high. They are not cheap to replace. The fact is, these VFRs just don't crash well.

:tab So... unless you have a big track budget... :roll: I've thought that one of the 94-97 models would be nice to take out on the track. ;-)

Adios,

I've done extensive research on the frame sliders ... and the winner is R&G. The HPS sound great but I just don't know about something that isn't hooked directly to the frame (like Scott said). They do require you to drill a hole in the precious side panel. But once they are installed, they look fantastic and from what I've heard, work even better. I'll keep you guys posted on how everything turns out! :chug:

Tourmeister said:
:tab So... unless you have a big track budget... :roll: I've thought that one of the 94-97 models would be nice to take out on the track. ;-)

They are fun, till you lay one down. No side mounted radiators, but the plastic is still plenty expensive.

For the $1200 I spent fixing mine up after my track-day mishap, I could've bought a cheap track bike.

For the $1200 I spent fixing mine up after my track-day mishap, I could've bought a cheap track bike.

Very true!

Adios,

Back