• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi From SE PA

Reaction score
Hi There. I have been checking out TWT forum for a few years on and off and decided to join. Hoping to get down to Texas this year. I ride a 1983 GL650I Silverwing.
rightsdesmall.jpg

Hi There. I have been checking out TWT forum for a few years on and off and decided to join. Hoping to get down to Texas this year. I ride a 1983 GL650I Silverwing.
rightsdesmall.jpg

Welcome, Steve. I owned the 500 version of your GL; it was a fun, funky ride. Wish I had it back.

Welcome Steve! Like Eric I'm from just south of Pittsburgh and now living in DFW.

Thanks for the welcoming replies.

I am also a member at Choppercharles.com, a site dedicated to the Honda CX and GL twisted twins. A great bunch of people on there as well.

I peruse ADVRider quite a bit but rarely if ever post anything there.

I have been looking for a good used FJR to tour on. The old GL650 is reliable as can be but is a bit dated for very long days.

I am hoping to retire soon from my insane job and take to the road as much as possible. I have traveled to Georgia a bunch, ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway quite a few times, and even went up to Vermont and New Hampshire last Fall, all on the GL. I took the GL out to Wisconsin too. 860 miles in one day! Thinking about an iron man ride to St Augustine Beach FL in the spring. 1005 miles from my house on I95!

welcome

I've raised a few at the Bucks County Sheridan on Oxford Valley Rd over the years

In the blizzard of January '77, I spent a week one day in Somerset. I didn't know it could get that cold south of the arctic circle. Unfroze my standard tranny with a blowtorch the next day. You guys are a hearty breed!

Welcome to TWT.

Welcome....

If you need planning info on your way down/through, don't hesitate to ask!

In the blizzard of January '77, I spent a week one day in Somerset. I didn't know it could get that cold south of the arctic circle. Unfroze my standard tranny with a blowtorch the next day. You guys are a hearty breed!

Welcome to TWT.

I lived in on Staten Island (NYC) that winter. We missed two straight weeks of school because of the cold weather and snow. It wasn't even fun to go out and play in it... :giveup:

I lived in on Staten Island (NYC) that winter. We missed two straight weeks of school because of the cold weather and snow. It wasn't even fun to go out and play in it... :giveup:

I remember seeing pictures of the snow in Buffalo - unbelievable. Me, I had just flown in from Germany, picked up my car in New Jersey, and started driving home to Texas - and drove right into that mess. Man, I must have picked the worst week of the decade to get out of the Army.

Back