• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bluetooth device for audio while riding

Rexter

Reaction score
I had a media button that got misplaced. It worked perfectly fine. The "newer" version of the same item will disconnect after the phone sleeps. My Google-fu finds opinions that it is the device. Others say that it is ios 10.2. I did update last week. It's useless to have a media button if I have to reconnect every time I want to use it. I ordered some touchscreen Fieldsheer gloves, but no joy there either. I'm almost ready to cut the finger pad out of the middle finger on the left glove so I can control the phone without a button.

Two questions:

1) Does anyone have a media button that works with iOS 10?

2) can I uninstall the iOS update without losing everything on my phone?

One thing that I did (and is pretty common) is to sew some conductive thread into the end of your gloves pointer finger. This allows an electrical connection from the outside of your glove (the iPhone screen, etc) to come in contact with your finger.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KLDPV1E/?tag=twowhetex-20

Regarding question 2) Updating your iOS will not erase any data or settings. That said, backing up first is always good practice. Before you update you should force quit all apps (double tap home button, swipe up to force quit the app).

Last edited:
I have considered using conductive thread. The Fieldsheer gloves have it in the right thumb/index finger, but I couldn't get the phone to "sense" the contact.

On the update, I'm talking about going backwards to iOS 9. There is a consensus online that the issue is iOS 10 causing the disconnect when the phone sleeps.

Can you rollback from iOS 10 to iOS 9?

Some time back, my wife upgraded the OS on her iPhone6 and immediately she was no longer able to call our house landline. It would ring at the house, I would pick up, and it would immediately drop the call, every single time. We have AT&T Uverse VoIP and her phone is through AT&T. OF course no one could help her... :roll: At the time, maybe a year ago, I started Googling to try to find a way to go back to the previous OS version but couldn't find a way to do it. I am not super tech savvy so it could just be that I missed it somewhere... :shrug:

After five or six updates to the OS, she was finally able to start calling the house again. The same thing happened to my Dad's phone as well.

I know I can wipe the phone, but I'm not sure if I do a back up and then load Fumo the back up if it will reinstall 10. Headed to Verizon shortly.

There is some liquid you can try that you put on your glove tips. I can not recall it but I think I got it off Amazon. I'm away from home for a few days but can follow up when i get home Thursday. It' worked a little but but I got caught in a horrible down pour and after that I discovered it not only didn't work well, but having an unprotected phone in a rain storm was a terrible idea, lol.

Okay. I understand better now the update question.

On the iPhone, you can not back rev the iOS. Typically after about 5 days Apple will stop signing the older iOS releases. Once Apple stops signing an app or iOS you can't get it on the iPhone. This is why some 'jailbreak' their iPhone to allow sideloading of apps.

I don't recommend jailbreaking and it would not help for back reving to an older version of iOS.

Back