• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thanksgiving Gathering -Dec 1-3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in (plus 1) for the meal. Highly probable for the camping.

TTR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks Bob and Mother. We'll camp Bike or truck depending on Clingons knee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob, Saint, and Hunter, I will be there. The electronic overlord has approved. ?

------------------------------------------
Send a wire to the main office and tell them I said "Ow!" Got it!

As we missed this last year I need to ask, is this an eating event only or does anyone plan on riding around a bit?

As we missed this last year I need to ask, is this an eating event only or does anyone plan on riding around a bit?

It is all of the above. There are not any actual organized rides but Mr2Mch, who happens to know every road in Texas normally leads a ride exploring local back roads. But he has not yet chimed in.

Rod, calling Rod. Rod to the white courtesy phone please.

Excellent! It looks like TravelDiva will be unavoidably engaged for that weekend and I have been given the OK to attend this event without her.

OK, boys and girls. Let's get this party rolling.

Please chime in (or re-chime) to confirm your attendance. Be nice to know what nights you are staying, but that is not critical knowledge. What I DO need to know is a body count of those attending the meal on Sunday.

Im assuming that by Dec, everyone is tired of turkey so we are planning on getting a mix of smoked brisket, sausage and ham from a local smoke house for the main dish. Now for side??

I don't know. What'cha wanna bring? We need salads, side dishes, rolls, and deserts.
if you have a favorite you want to bring, post up

We can, of course, just purchase these things if need, but it is always fun to try your specialty.

I understand that many are traveling via scooter and a tossed salad may be difficult to put in your saddle bag, That's OK, just come. We will make sure there is enough food. so don't feel obligated to bring anything. Just contribute to the kitty jar to offset cost.

So, WHAT SAY YOU?

JT and I are IN, wouldn't miss it!

Right now the plan is to ride up early saturday morning...or drive up late friday night...(how helpful was that?)

JT mentioned he might put together a mixed route (dirt/gravel and the unavoidable pavement) that would include lunch at the Feed Mill in Gatesville. (this would be for Saturday.)

Tango and Greeneyes be in.

I am soooo looking forward to it. Will be camping Friday and Saturday and eating on Sunday. 15 amps ok. Not sure if we can make the circle drive but will be fun trying.

Let us know what green eyes can bring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In +2 for overnight stay Saturday and the feast on Sunday.

I'll ride up first thing Saturday morning, but the +2 may not make until later in the day.

I'm in for Friday and Saturday nights. I'll bring pinto beans and cornbread. Looking forward to another outstanding Thanksgiving weekend at the Squires' RV park and campground.

My plan at this time is to exit the Houston area Friday morning after traffic mellows out(if ever) and be a squatter until Monday morning if I don't wear out my welcome. I'd hate to ride home with what I'm sure will be way too much good food in me. :eat: Oh, and I will be bringing my good friend Senor Quervo...:party:

My plan at this time is to exit the Houston area Friday morning after traffic mellows out(if ever) and be a squatter until Monday morning if I don't wear out my welcome. I'd hate to ride home with what I'm sure will be way too much good food in me. :eat: Oh, and I will be bringing my good friend Senor Quervo...:party:

Yours is not the first request to stay Sunday night and our home is always open to wayward travelers and homeless bikers.

I only hope your friend Senor Quevo can make it three nights.

Yours is not the first request to stay Sunday night and our home is always open to wayward travelers and homeless bikers.

I only hope your friend Senor Quevo can make it three nights.

He will be the El Grande Senor Quervo...:trust:

I am in for camping friday night, need to bug out Saturday afternoon.....

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back