• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

It looks like we are going to have a cool and dry Saturday.

I'm planing on going to the Pie run in Crockett. For anyone that wants to join, I'll try to be at the Valero at FM 565 and I10 in Baytown around 8:00 for some breakfast. Aiming for kickstands up at 8:30.

I'm planing on going to the Pie run in Crockett. For anyone that wants to join, I'll try to be at the Valero at FM 565 and I10 in Baytown around 8:00 for some breakfast. Aiming for kickstands up at 8:30.

Well I thought I would be able to make it and have who ever want to come stay the night at my place in Centerville but like always something comes up.

Well I thought I would be able to make it and have who ever want to come stay the night at my place in Centerville but like always something comes up.
I saw you deleted your post about staying in Centerville. Maybe we'll have to do our own pie run and overnight trip sometime next year.

I'm planning to be there. Should be a nice ride.
:rider: :eat:

Breakfast sounds good. What do they serve? Yes, agree, it will be a cool ride. I think the front is moving in this evening. Throw up your route if you have one ready yet. Hope to make it.

Jim or Paul might be able to tell you more about breakfast. I know you can get all the standards, eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes.

I'll post the route once I get it saved. It's going to be a lot like the New Waverley Pie Run, except we keep heading north instead of stopping at New Waverley.

I've got too many things to get done before Christmas and won't make it. Have a fun and safe ride.

I've got too many things to get done before Christmas and won't make it. Have a fun and safe ride.

Well ... just in case you are ... you know ... the "Big Guy", I would like a fully loaded 2015 FJR for Christmas. I've been good. Hopefully you will have some free time after Christmas day.

Jim or Paul might be able to tell you more about breakfast. I know you can get all the standards, eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes.

I'll post the route once I get it saved. It's going to be a lot like the New Waverley Pie Run, except we keep heading north instead of stopping at New Waverley.

For a restaurant that is part of a gas station, the food isn't bad. Normal type stuff serve yourself coffee, breakfast sandwiches, eggs, potatoes, bacon, all cooked to order. I think it mainly serves workers in the area.

I have a pass to ride down there in the morning. Hope to see you guys.

Looking forward to seeing you Ralph.

I attached the routes for anyone that wants to check them out. The zip files are trp files for copilot.

Attachments

• Baytown_to_Crockett.gpx
    3.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Crockett_to_Baytown.gpx
    3.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Baytown_to_Crockett.zip
    928 bytes · Views: 146
  • Crockett_to_Baytown.zip
    890 bytes · Views: 153
We are up here right now but will have to head back tomorrow that's why I deleted it. Me and the wife might be there but will have to leave before one maybe we will see some of you. Been 50 degrees and misty rain all day up here hope it clears out for y'all.

Well ... just in case you are ... you know ... the "Big Guy", I would like a fully loaded 2015 FJR for Christmas. I've been good. Hopefully you will have some free time after Christmas day.

It's those #@$% elves - they went and unionized on me; nothing is getting done. :miffed:

How about a "lightly used" CR500? :rider:

... How about a "lightly used" CR500? :rider:

Well, I don't know Santa ... it's a Honda. I went out last night and found that my Honda had a leaking rear tire. And you already know about the water pump failure after just 109,000 miles. You sure you didn't have one of those unionized elves build this thing?

...I attached the routes for anyone that wants to check them out...

Looks like my route will intersect your's right before Trinity. Last night I found a slow leak on the back tire of the Wing and I plugged it. It seems to be holding ... but ... if you see a Wing on the side of the road, please stop. :-)

Well, I don't know Santa ... it's a Honda. I went out last night and found that my Honda had a leaking rear tire. And you already know about the water pump failure after just 109,000 miles. You sure you didn't have one of those unionized elves build this thing?

Quality control was one of the first things to go following the organization and the implementation of a "no return" policy. You just can't find good help these days.

In all seriousness, if you (or anyone else) have problems and need a tow today, let me know and I'll bring the truck and trailer to get you home.

... In all seriousness, if you (or anyone else) have problems and need a tow today, let me know and I'll bring the truck and trailer to get you home.

Well, you don't know how close you came to getting a phone call! :-) And thank you very much for the offer. For the record, 7 plugs gave their sorry &%@ lives to get us home. One unnecessarily because I figured that my plug failed from last night, but it hadn't. What I found after I replugged my plug from last night was that I was screwed ;-)

screwed.jpg

Can you imagine? I have ridden thousands and thousands of miles without a flat, then to have one last night and a totally separate one today. Man am I lucky or what?

I want to thank the group for first stopping (without crashing into one another) when they saw me on the side of the road and then riding with me and my lovely bride as far as was reasonable ;-). That last time when you turned left at the Valero station was the last time I had to plug that bugger. I used two plugs and that held all the way home. Thanks again.

Had a great time. Great to see everyone. Cool ride today with cool people. .. and Ninja Jeff looks more and more Ninja every day.

That ride was just a bit too cold for me, but still glad we did it. Great company, great food, and we got to see Ralph! Glad you guys made it home okay, Joe 'n' Laura; that's always frustrating having to deal with a nagging problem like that. Congrats to Jeff too; nice bike! Big thanks again to Chad for leading the group. Can't wait to ride with y'all again, and if we don't see each other before then, here's wishing a very merry Christmas to all you guys 'n' gals. :wave:

Glad you made it home Joe. Merry Christmas everyone!

Back