• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AMSA Ride day 1/8 @ Goertz Ranch(SE of Austin)

Trails were great! Hills were awesome (I did try some of the hard lines :twisted:)

Greeneggs&ham led a great pace, everybody clicked, and the trails weren't too crowded even though there were a lot of people there. Highly recommend going when you hear that it's open!

Trails were great! Hills were awesome (I did try some of the hard lines :twisted:)

Greeneggs&ham led a great pace, everybody clicked, and the trails weren't too crowded even though there were a lot of people there. Highly recommend going when you hear that it's open!

I'm pretty sure I saw you out on the trail but I ended up riding with about half a dozen other guys so I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. Maybe next time. FYI! There are two other properties within a stone's throw of Goertz that are real nice too. Plenty of creek drop ins and near vertical climbs if you so choose. Keep an eye out for Rusty's Walnut Creek and Powell's. I'll try to post all of the AMSA rides here as a matter of habit.

When I drove in, the gate dude warned me about the hard lines. I told him that a guy with a 650 was asking for some hard stuff online. After talking to him about it, I figured it would be more than most people on a big bike would tackle but that old goat just strolled right up that center line like it was no problem. Kudos to you. Did you ever try the line on the right?:eek2:

Fantastic! But I don't think anyone had a camera. The track had a little of everything and the dirt was perfect. Thanks to Victor for posting this and to Big A, Sam, Justin, and Tom J. for an great day of riding!

John

My friend got some footage I think. If and when he posts it, I'll put up a link.

When I drove in, the gate dude warned me about the hard lines. I told him that a guy with a 650 was asking for some hard stuff online. After talking to him about it, I figured it would be more than most people on a big bike would tackle but that old goat just strolled right up that center line like it was no problem. Kudos to you. Did you ever try the line on the right?:eek2:

I didn't try the one on the right - we did the one on the left the first time, then I did the middle one a couple of times, and I completely forgot the one on the right. But I did look at it on the first loop, and it would have been pretty iffy... Like fairly certain I'd not make it the first time.

It was an excellent day of riding with friends. Perfect traction just made it that much better.
I tried to find some things that would press Jqueen, but he handled everything with style. I would not have tried that stuff on the 690! Or with Trailwings! :shock: He had that 650 flyin'. He drove a long way and seemed determined to get a great ride in.

JT had a little sticky situation. He rode up one long hill climb, with the frt wheel in the air, looking like some pro rider, just as the frt wheel cleared the KDX took to wanting to visit with this Large Cactus, of the prickly pear variety, taking up about 4 foot of ground space. Well the KDX got up front and personal with the cactus and JT rolling off the bike at the last minute. A few needles in the pants, but otherwise OK. :thumb: I wish I had a camera for that one! :photo:

BigA had the 300 movin' pretty good. He had set his 450SX out by the trailer so it could attract some attention from some young hotshoe that needed it more than he did.
On the last lap he had to ride the 450SX because the 300 developed a fork seal leak. That's why you always take two bikes! :rider:

TJ joined us, he was riding an almost new TE250 Husaburg. His description is "A blue KTM". :lol2: He gets to ride all the new stuff, seemed like that 250 was set up pretty good. :flip:

It was a good day, TJ and I ended up doing 2 more laps with Doug Paley. With TJ running out of gas in the back section near the creek. We drained a little out of my bike and he made it back to the truck OK. I had 49.1 miles when I loaded up. Thats about a short course enduro, not bad.
I think I finally have the jetting sorted out with the 200. I think replacing the float needle took care of my rich running condition. I have not gone back to last years winter jets yet, but it was running very crisp out there yesterday. In some of the fields it was lofting the wheel in 4th. :thumb::rider::dude:
Great ride, Thanks
Sam

Last edited:
It was an excellent day of riding with friends. Perfect traction just made it that much better.
I tried to find some things that would press Jqueen, but he handled everything with style. I would not have tried that stuff on the 690! Or with Trailwings! :shock: He had that 650 flyin'. He drove a long way a seemed determined to get a great ride in.

JT had a little sticky situation. He rode up one long hill climb, with the frt wheel in the air, looking like some pro rider, just as the frt wheel cleared the KDX took to wanting to visit with this Large Cactus, of the prickly pear variety, taking up about 4 foot of ground space. Well the KDX got up front and personal with the cactus and JT rolling off the bike at the last minute. A few needles in the pants, but otherwise OK. :thumb: I wish I had had a camera for that one! :photo:

BigA had the 300 movin' pretty good. He had set his 450SX out by the trailer so it could attract some attention from some young hotshoe that needed it more than he did.
On the last lap he had to ride the 450SX because the 300 developed a fork seal leak. That's why you always that two bikes! :rider:

TJ joined us, he was riding a almost new TE250 Husaburg. His description is "A blue KTM". :lol2: He gets to ride all the new stuff, seemed like that 250 was set up pretty good. :flip:

It was a good day, TJ and I ended up doing 2 more laps with Doug Paley. With TJ running out of gas in the back section near the creek. We drained a little out of my bike and he made it back to the truck OK. I had 49.1 miles when I loaded up. Thats about a short coarse enduro, not bad.
I think I finally have the jetting sorted out with the 200. I think replacing the float needle took care of my rich running condition. I have not gone back to last years winter jets yet, but it was running very crisp out there yesterday. In some of the fields it was lofting the wheel in 4th. :thumb::rider::dude:
Great ride, Thanks Sam

Great ride report Sam. :clap:

By the way, why is it that whoever is riding in front of you seems to have mishaps and you always say "I wish I had a camera"? Based on my own experience, I think I will choose someone else to ride in front of or I will just stay behind you! :lol2:

Goertz is only accessible a few times a year but AMSA puts on similar events about every 6 to 8 weeks. Rusty's, which nearly borders Goertz, is open most weekends but it's a much smaller property. Call before you haul.

I am very bummed I missed this event. I will not miss the next.

Great video! Brings back lot of memories, wish I could have attended as well.

Hopefully some complete videos will be coming soon. I estimate that this video is less than half of the course.

I tried to find some things that would press Jqueen, but he handled everything with style. I would not have tried that stuff on the 690! Or with Trailwings! :shock: He had that 650 flyin'. He drove a long way and seemed determined to get a great ride in.

JT had a little sticky situation. He rode up one long hill climb, with the frt wheel in the air, looking like some pro rider, just as the frt wheel cleared the KDX took to wanting to visit with this Large Cactus, of the prickly pear variety, taking up about 4 foot of ground space. Well the KDX got up front and personal with the cactus and JT rolling off the bike at the last minute. A few needles in the pants, but otherwise OK. :thumb: I wish I had a camera for that one! :photo:

On the last lap he had to ride the 450SX because the 300 developed a fork seal leak. That's why you always take two bikes! :rider:

TJ joined us, he was riding an almost new TE250 Husaburg. His description is "A blue KTM". :lol2: He gets to ride all the new stuff, seemed like that 250 was set up pretty good. :flip:

It was a good day, TJ and I ended up doing 2 more laps with Doug Paley. With TJ running out of gas in the back section near the creek. We drained a little out of my bike and he made it back to the truck OK. I had 49.1 miles when I loaded up. Thats about a short course enduro, not bad.
Great ride, Thanks
Sam

Glad the jetting is sorted, yep I saw Tom on that Berg at the endurance deal in Austin a few weeks ago flavor of the month for him:trust:

Hmm cactus attack and no camera time you order a go pro or contour Sam

I had a less than flattering photo of Sam but it was on his camera so I thing it disappeared :mrgreen:

Really missed the day with you guys but spent some quality time with the family there will be more rides

hmm.. the unread posts link says there's a new post here, but I can't find it. It also says the last post was made by "jorgealarcon", but when you click on that name, it takes you to a different person's profile. Wonder what will happen to this post?

Now you too shall disappear.

The omen was foretold.

Back