• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Terlingua For New Years, Who's Going

I am starting a headcount for BBQ attendees for 12/30 All are welcome to come, just post up and I will add you to the list. I am starting the list with riders I have already confirmed will be eating here that day.

ed29
reddogbmw
TossingLead
Stromboy
Simmons1 +1

I am in,

Ed29, my brother (Roamineye) and I would like to join in. I have never been to your place, so will need some directions.

Looks like we will ride BBNP on the 29 & 30th. Then move over and ride BBRSP on the 31st, 1st and 2nd.

Should be good!

I am starting a headcount for BBQ attendees for 12/30 All are welcome to come, just post up and I will add you to the list. I am starting the list with riders I have already confirmed will be eating here that day.

ed29
reddogbmw
TossingLead
Stromboy
Simmons1 +1

I am not going to be able to get out there this time. Got back home to a haul truck that needed a complete brake overhaul, and a dead dual sport bike that will also require some TLC. Looks like it just isn't in the cards for me to see Big Bend over the holidays. :giveup:

Locked and loaded for the desert

f9ffa5e653fd1e90ea568ec882d2670f.jpg

It is sunny and warming up right now. Coolish though with highs in the 50s and 60s the next few days.

On the Road GPS says ~3am arrival, but I guess Hotel in Monahans and ~10am arrival

iPhone Tapatalk

I think you Big Bend guys might be the only ones riding dirt today. Pretty much the rest of the state took a good soaking that will continue through most of the day.

They split the difference with an arrival just before 6:00AM.

Ed29, two of us are en route from Austin to Ft Stockton tonight, riding the state ranch park roads for the next two days, and then heading into Terlingua for New Years Eve and rides the next day or two. If you're open to sharing trails and or NYE comraderie we'll drop in on ya. Let us know what we can bring to share.

Not sure what New Years Eve plans are. The BBQ at Rancho del Gato is coming together for tomorrow.

It was behaving. Cold, gray and dreary today. Might get to 40, might stay in the 30s all day.

It was behaving. Cold, gray and dreary today. Might get to 40, might stay in the 30s all day.
Isn't that the truth. When the snow flurries turned to freezing rain before turning right towards the Basin we turned the truck around and headed back to Terlingua.

Currently swilling beer in the High Sierra 50 feet from our room.

Have ridden a couple enduros in Terlingua years ago when it snowed. You really don't want to be out in that dirt when it is wet. Several bikes left in the trails for a couple weeks until they could be retrieved.

Isn't that the truth. When the snow flurries turned to freezing rain before turning right towards the Basin we turned the truck around and headed back to Terlingua.

Currently swilling beer in the High Sierra 50 feet from our room.

Thought you were out camping at ED29`s place

Back