• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 KTM 500 EXC

Good lord these bikes are flippin' beasts and so easy to control the throttle.

What got me to looking was riding a WR450. The yammy was great, but the power was like a switch ... a little bit of throttle went a long, long way.

This guy is more linear in delivery.

I want! I want! I want!...I don't want to spend the money! I don't want to spend the money! I don't want to spend the money! Dang that Arkansas ADV ride. :doh:

You can store it at my place. She'll never know. :)

Also...secret is building up to about 8 or 9 bikes and then "reducing" down to 6.

It gets a bit dicey there for a bit.....and then you're the hero for selling off 1/3 of your bikes. :)

One concern....I couldn't keep up with you on the Ten....with the 500 EXC, I'd have no chance at all.....but man would it be fun to try. :thumb:

Dang Justin, you've had some nice rides. If I was in the market for this kind of bike, I'd give it some serious thought. Trade ya an AM Strat for it... :mrgreen: JK, GLWS!

What's next?

Hey Tom! I hope all is well. I’ve been very fortunate to own some fanstastic bikes for sure. This one is the top tier though imo, as far as a dual sport goes. I do love a good Strat!

Ok, this one followed me home and my wife said I can keep it. :-)

Thanks Justin. Looking forward to when it arrives (hopefully within a week or so).

Stay tuned for the for sale ad on the 400......

Back