• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sidi rain boots fit

Reaction score
So I went on a search for rain boots that also had some protection on them so came upon the Sidi Rain Boots found some reviews, etc. people seemed happy. Anyways I ordered a Size 11 and the heel was loose so for haha's I measured my foot and it was roughly 10.5 even though I've been wearing size 11 shoes for YEARS! After much waiting because of back order, etc. finally got a size 10 yesterday same issue just less. Do I have funny feet or what!? I'm sure I can wear a extra sock or something but I worry my feet will sweat, etc. Ideas comments!? :doh:

I don't have the Sidi Rain boots but I do have a couple of other pairs of Sidi boots. I have been very satisfied with them.

I would not go down any further in size, you do have to allow for some level of break in. If you go down further in size, make sure you don't get too focused on the heel and forget about the fit and feel around the rest of your foot.

I ended up finding some Arch Support inserts at Walmart today so I will give those a whirl and your right the rest of the boot fits fine so really just the back that annoys the heck out of me! BTW how you liking your Tenere!? Finally saw one where I bought my bike and of course they tried to have me trade in my Bandit. Anyways my buddy who is taller sat on it and had problems getting off! :rofl:

Many Sidi boots have that same characteristic. It's sort of a Sidi foot form thing. It works very well for many people. But people with narrower heels do get more slip than they may want. I assume you got the Sport Rain? "Rain" isn't a model for Sidi, rather it indicates it is a waterproof boot via the Tepor material lining, rather than the Gore-Tex branded membrane or no waterproofing membrane at all. So, there are several "Rain" models. But regardless...

Step 1 is to ignore the US size marking somewhat. You have to go off the Euro sizing or else there are gaps and the translations won't be quite accurate. So, I'm assuming you are trying the 44 and the 45. At size 11, you would likely be in a 45 which in that boot happens to be between 10.5 and 11. I have much respect for Sidi boots, so not knocking the boot in any way, but you might have a foot that is just a little better served in a Dainese or Alpinestars. But beware, sizing is different in those brands. Alpinestars tend to run wider in the footbed, narrower in the heel than Sidi, and also a little bit bigger in sizing. Not even quite a half size, but a little bigger. So if you are on the fence of 44 or 45 Sidi, you'd be 44 Alpinestars. If you are squarely a 44 Sidi, you'd probably still be 44 Aplinestars. Dainese might be an even better foot shape option for you (try the "Long Range" model for a solid build, waterproof touring/everyday). But Dainese runs a full size bigger for any given marked size. 44 Sidi = 43 Dainese virtually across the board. If only there were a well stocked retail store where you could try them all on back to back and find just the right one for...oh yeah, there is... :trust: But I see you are in CT, so hopefully this will at least provide some direction for you!

Thanks for the info wish I knew before ordering these! Ahh well I'm gonna try the inserts if still a nogo I'll try Alpines or Dianese's! :doh:

I ended up finding some Arch Support inserts at Walmart today so I will give those a whirl and your right the rest of the boot fits fine so really just the back that annoys the heck out of me! BTW how you liking your Tenere!? Finally saw one where I bought my bike and of course they tried to have me trade in my Bandit. Anyways my buddy who is taller sat on it and had problems getting off! :rofl:

Love the Tenere, as far as ergonomics, bar risers are all that I have changed. It is tall but I can ride it pretty much as long as I want with no comfort issues.

Thanks for the input NathanH, I've been eyeing the Sidi Way/Fusion Rain boots.
Since I've got narrow feet, I'll check into AStar and Dainese.

Looks like a trip to your Dallas sister store is in order :thumb:

To clarify, narrow feet are usually fine for Sidi. It's the narrow heel in comparison to a wider footbed that doesn't work so well with Sidi. Trying to think how to draw a word picture. If you could look at your feet straight on from the bottom, some people are going to look more like a V and some will look more like a U. U would be better in Sidi. In other words, Sidis to me don't have as much taper towards the heel, but it's not that they are truly wider at the front. For noticeably wider at the front, as in right across the balls of the feet where your shoes bend as you walk, Alpinestars usually works better.

Not any kind of hard and fast rule. Just general observations to point in the right direction. Trying on a few is still the only way to go!

To clarify, narrow feet are usually fine for Sidi. It's the narrow heel in comparison to a wider footbed that doesn't work so well with Sidi. Trying to think how to draw a word picture. If you could look at your feet straight on from the bottom, some people are going to look more like a V and some will look more like a U. U would be better in Sidi. In other words, Sidis to me don't have as much taper towards the heel, but it's not that they are truly wider at the front. For noticeably wider at the front, as in right across the balls of the feet where your shoes bend as you walk, Alpinestars usually works better.

Not any kind of hard and fast rule. Just general observations to point in the right direction. Trying on a few is still the only way to go!
Gotcha.
I've got narrow feet and a narrow heel. :doh:

I picked up a pair of Sidi Adventure Rain boots at Lone Star BMW last Thursday and so far am really liking them. Wore them five days in a row after purchasing them and they were pretty comfortable from day one. They do have the trademarked Sidi squeak, but there are easy solutions to fix that. It's a lot to spend for a pair of boots, but I like my feet and ankles, so probably worth it.

I've used Sidi for over 10 years now and really like the boot. It keeps me dry in the rain and I can wear them all day when I'm off the bike.

As I understand it, the word "Way" in a Sidi boot name means "E" width.

I love my size 44/10 On Road Gore Tex. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

Back