• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barstow to Vegas 2017 Planning Thread

Here! I'll be heading out Tuesday! Org\black bell helmet . Black/gray jacket. Blk/org ktm 500. Can't wait gents!

Last edited:
Nice! See you there!

My 2004 Sprinter got 24.87mpg between gas stops Van Horn and Phoenix! 543.5 mi...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Here! I'll be on a KTM 500. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn in Palmdale. Steven(2wheelsdown) and I are planning on riding El Mirage Dry Lake Off-Highway Recreation Area on Thanksgiving. Get an OHV sticker and join us.
I have an OHV decal already. I'll try to meet yall there, give me a text when yall get plans together.

Niner-seven-niner
for-too-too
for-too-tree-won.

I'm spending the night at the Orleans tonight then camping for the next two.

I'm a little worried because the forecast last night was for a low in the lower 40s, but my dash thermometer said 25* when I woke up with cold feet in the back of my van... I threw my bag into a mylar bivy and warmed right up, but fudge-muffins it was cold this morning. But hey, this is what makes it adventure!! When I am laying in a bag shivering I just keep reminding myself no one ever died from being cold. :o

Last edited:
The guys at D37 are predicting temps in the 60s and 70s on the days of the ride. Have a good time and I want to hear about this sprinter when you get back.

m
Not sure if Im doing the photo right but here is my Sprinter
656b272c2801030b8a8f55963174ddd8.jpg
ff47445093f537404cdde09ffbaeae7c.jpg

I wouldn't call it luxurious, but I'm happy with the comfort it provides me.

Last edited:
That will get me started. The wife and I are looking at them. She wants a palace and I want a garage. We'll see how bad I lose.

Weather for tomorrow's leg is high 40's to lower 80s. They are calling for 53 degrees in Palmdale for the start. Sounds like a fast day with a lot of dust. Take a lot of water and pull off the trail and out of the cloud if something breaks. Have fun!

I had a good week, but I had the oring on my fuel screw die and in my exhausted state put the new one in wrong and couldnt get it back out. No day 2 for me :(

I did get 2 nights camping with no tent, 560ish miles of Desert and even a very twisty paved mtn road (ca18 and 138, did then twice!)

Met a few Texans and generally had a great time despite the huge disappointment of not doing day 2.

Had a blast!!
If anyone picked up a blk/org bell helmet, gloves, neck brace, and red camel pack, please let me know. Willing to pay finder fee
Thanks

I had a good week, but I had the oring on my fuel screw die and in my exhausted state put the new one in wrong and couldnt get it back out. No day 2 for me :(

I did get 2 nights camping with no tent, 560ish miles of Desert and even a very twisty paved mtn road (ca18 and 138, did then twice!)

Met a few Texans and generally had a great time despite the huge disappointment of not doing day 2.

**** Matt sorry! I would've gave you hand had you called.
Great meeting you

I missed most of the second day on my first LAB2LV. Really rode safe the second trip. Can't wait to see the ride report just the same.

m

**** Matt sorry! I would've gave you hand had you called.
Great meeting you
Thanks. Good meeting you. I had a good week and I can't let a little set back the last day ruin it for me (as much as I'd like to let it...)

I just couldnt get the oring, spring and washer out of the fuel screw hole. I tried making tiny hools from safety pins, from red aerosol spray tubes but it just wouldnt come out. Oh well, next time.

"The plan" is to get my CRF450X refitted for BITD Parker 250 in early Jan. I've done some 100mi Dez racing in west Texas, but this will be a whole 'nother level. Me and two mates have a goal of Baja1K in 2022...

My wife will pit for me and is flying into Phoenix then renting a car to meet me. I will likely have room for another bike, gear and rider in my Sprinter. It's a very manageable 1-day drive.

Got some new parts ordered and should have here and on the bike within a week.

7e6f2621c0c63febd1b3574e9c9d487f.jpg

Just got the Grumpy photo. I hope the image works (1st time posting pic). Had an awesome time. I will be back!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back