• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member in Houston

Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Hey all -

New member after I started googling trails in texas and ended up finding this site. Got a 2008 KLR 650 a few months ago and have been really enjoying it so far, but want to take it outside the concrete jungle of Houston.

I'm into the outdoors and roadtrips so an adv bike was bound to happen at some point. I'm looking forward to some camping off my bike and hope to get in on some trips here soon. Beyond the group trips I've read about on this site, I also want to take a trip to arkansas for some fishing. I've been out to the little red river before and I know it would be a ton of fun taking a bike out there.

A picture of my bike in a beautiful whataburger parking lot should be attached...

jKzSRqH.jpg

Welcome to the forum. What part of Houston?

Welcome. Check out the Pie Run thread. This month it is to Taylor, out by Waco. Camping included if you wish.

I want to say that is the Whataburger by the 610 and 290 interchange.

Good eye! You know your whataburgers or you have great detective skills. Thats exactly the one, I live by 610 and 290. I think its called the heights/garden oaks area.

Good eye! You know your whataburgers or you have great detective skills. Thats exactly the one, I live by 610 and 290. I think its called the heights/garden oaks area.
LOL, yeah. Sad, I know.
That store was a weekly stop for me on Friday's back in the 90's when I was cleaning swimming pools. Probably have eaten there at least 200 times over the years.
Just something about it looked very familiar.

Hey all -

New member after I started googling trails in texas and ended up finding this site. Got a 2008 KLR 650 a few months ago and have been really enjoying it so far, but want to take it outside the concrete jungle of Houston.

I'm into the outdoors and roadtrips so an adv bike was bound to happen at some point. I'm looking forward to some camping off my bike and hope to get in on some trips here soon. Beyond the group trips I've read about on this site, I also want to take a trip to arkansas for some fishing. I've been out to the little red river before and I know it would be a ton of fun taking a bike out there.

A picture of my bike in a beautiful whataburger parking lot should be attached...

jKzSRqH.jpg

You just missed a great event in Terlingua Tx called around the bend. I’m out of Houston as well. 2008 KLR650
Also if you want a great ride look into Mextrek 2018 . Awesome group and ride .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just missed a great event in Terlingua Tx called around the bend. I’m out of Houston as well. 2008 KLR650
Also if you want a great ride look into Mextrek 2018 . Awesome group and ride .

Good to hear. Past trips to big bend and the hill country have looked awesome. Sad I couldn't get out there this past wkd, but it'll be a goal for next year.

My job will keep me busy in April/May so I don't know if I can make the trip out to the hill country in May. So Mextrek 2018 in June is top of the list for me. Just sent off some money for my deposit and Trail Boss's guidebook.

Have you been before? A friend from Dallas is thinking about bringing his bike down too to join the group.

Good to hear. Past trips to big bend and the hill country have looked awesome. Sad I couldn't get out there this past wkd, but it'll be a goal for next year.

My job will keep me busy in April/May so I don't know if I can make the trip out to the hill country in May. So Mextrek 2018 in June is top of the list for me. Just sent off some money for my deposit and Trail Boss's guidebook.

Have you been before? A friend from Dallas is thinking about bringing his bike down too to join the group.

Yes I went last October and stayed 9 days. I Offroad all over the world and this was one of my favorite trips. Great bunch of guys and the scenery and trails were second to none. Fun times ! Too hot for me in June but i will be there again in October .

Back