• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pricing help

Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling my 09 FJR but have no idea what the going price for a high mileage (100k) bike is. It's got risers (don't remember what kind), Canyon Cages and a trunk. Other than that, it's pretty stock. Anyone have any idea what the going rate might be?

Thanks!
Chris

09 is a gen 2, IIRC. The throttle, ABS, air flow and heat issues had been addressed making it a very nice sport tourer. The only real amenities it lacks is a cruise control and a six speed gear box.

I don't recall reading about rear diff issues like you might with a BMW.

I see a few FJRs in the SA area with half the mileage, ads open for weeks and priced in the mid 3s.

I guess it boils down to how quickly you want it to sell. At $3K, you may sit on it for a while. At $2K, it appeals to a broader audience as a cheap commuter.

I think that might be your range.

YVMV ...

09 is a gen 2, IIRC. The throttle, ABS, air flow and heat issues had been addressed making it a very nice sport tourer. The only real amenities it lacks is a cruise control and a six speed gear box.

I don't recall reading about rear diff issues like you might with a BMW.

I see a few FJRs in the SA area with half the mileage, ads open for weeks and priced in the mid 3s.

I guess it boils down to how quickly you want it to sell. At $3K, you may sit on it for a while. At $2K, it appeals to a broader audience as a cheap commuter.

I think that might be your range.

YVMV ...

Agree with Mitch. If doing Craigslist, list for $3K as you'll get lowball offers and people almost always expect you to come off 10% or so.

If posting here, just post for what you really want. If it doesn't move fast enough, lower price until you sell it.

FWIW, I just bought a 2006 Goldwing with 250K miles for a friend for $1800 and we're going to put another $1500 in it to get it back to where it needs to be so we'll have over 3K in it and still think it will be a good deal. Point being...high miles on a high mileage touring bike does decrease the value, but it doesn't make them worthless to the people that know what they are capable of. (Wings can go 400K miles.....so I figure it's got at least 100K left.... FJR's can do 200K pretty easily so yours has quite a bit of life left)

Last edited:
Agree with starting at $3k.
I had a BMW 1150RT with more than 100k on it. I didn't think it was worth much so I gave it to one of those Cars-For-Kids places and ended up getting $2600 tax credit.
Maybe I should've tried selling it first.

Ok, so that's about the range I was thinking, just wanted to make sure I wasn't kidding myself. Thanks guys!

CM

Back