• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[sold] Yamaha DTX 532 electronic drum kit [sold]

Reaction score
If there are any musicians around, I have a Yamaha DTX electronic drum kit for sale. Not sure of the exact model, but it seems to be a 532.

• DTX500 (not the DTX502) electronic control unit with MIDI-out, headphone, amp connections
  • XP100SD white 10" 3-zone snare pad for head, rim-shot, side-stick
  • RRH135 Real hi-hat system with 3 zones and chrome steel hi-hat stand
  • PCY135 13" Crash cymbal with 360-degree choke function
  • PCY155 15" Ride cymbal with 360-degree choke function
  • Three TP65 Toms, with individually-adjustable height and angle
  • Yamaha KP65 large kick pad (will work with double pedal)
  • Yamaha 7210 single foot pedal with chain drive
  • Yamaha RS85A silver aluminum drum rack

Note: the headphone volume control is stuck, but it's a stuck at a good listening level. You can control the final volume if you have a separate amp, or you could look into getting the volume pot replaced. The red LED readout has some haze. The rack is missing one rubber foot and a short brace on the right side, which are available from Yamaha.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4CHmeyQig4vEMTwC2
Drum throne in photo *not* included.

These sell new for about a grand. Asking $475. I think it looks like fine furniture, but for some reason my wife would like it removed from the living room.

Last edited:
Re: [Austin] Yamaha DTX electronic drum kit

Nice! Pricier than what I'm looking for and no direct MIDI out. Sigh. Someone will get a nice set.

Interesting. When I went and looked at the product descriptions it seemed it had the now standard usb to midi out. Good to know.

That looks like a ton of fun. Unfortunately I have negative musical talent. Just my presence in a room makes musicians worse at their craft. Despite seven years of guitar lessons, I can’t play a darn thing. Heck, I could never even tune a guitar without electronic assistance.

That looks like a ton of fun. Unfortunately I have negative musical talent. Just my presence in a room makes musicians worse at their craft. Despite seven years of guitar lessons, I can’t play a darn thing. Heck, I could never even tune a guitar without electronic assistance.

Lots of us out there with the same affliction, I use my gutiars for thearpy purposes only. Plink around and chord around with them and still amazed that those wires can make such wonderous sounds.

Despite seven years of guitar lessons, I can’t play a darn thing.

Class lessons, private lessons, years and years of practice
and I can only pick through a few classics.

Anything I can play is because of years of repetition and persistence.

Zero natural ability.

I only continue because I still enjoy trying.

Back to the drum kit...

Very nice and GLWS.

Last edited:

We had a room for this until our son moved back in. Wife would kill me anyway.

Come buy this. Be a drummer. I'll throw in a Tommy Igoe Groove Essentials book.

color me interested. on the road right now.

not on the road now. still a shade of interested.

Re: [Austin] Yamaha DTX 532 electronic drum kit

I added a bunch of detail to the description and put in a direct link to more pics.

Nice setup, unfortunately I'm more in the price range of a used Alesis Nitro. :(

This is obviously MUCH better than the Nitro, but for my budget...sigh.

someone pushed the crazy button on my life, sorry. check back week after this if it's still around.

Back