• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fort Teran

Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Oates
DLDR (Doug) and I took a day ride Saturday March 23rd over to the Old Fort Teran site. The site is at the end of CR 2845 which is off FM 1745 about 5 miles west of Colmesneil. CR 2845 was a fun in and out (dead end) road, most of it is a single lane road with a few sand traps and a couple of places that you could catch a little air if you chose to. So if you are out riding the EASTEX 450 or the SETEX 200 check it out. Also bring a pair of hiking boots and check out the Neches River and the cave in the rock bluff. Here are a few pics.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I tell people that Ft. Teran was result of one of the first official attempts to keep illegal aliens out of Texas. Those aliens happenned to be coming from the east, though, and, most were US citizens! The woods of Deep East TX are ripe with historically significant sites. The cache of hidden gold, rumored to have been hidden near there, has not been found.

I tell people that Ft. Teran was result of one of the first official attempts to keep illegal aliens out of Texas. Those aliens happenned to be coming from the east, though, and, most were US citizens! The woods of Deep East TX are ripe with historically significant sites. The cache of hidden gold, rumored to have been hidden near there, has not been found.

Hay Danny, I don't think I have been back down to Ft Teran since we were down there a few years back.
I am back on a KLR and have a few guys up this way riding, we may have to get a bunch together and make it back known there again.

Hey, Tom,
Great to hear from you. As soon as I have medical insurance again I will be back on two wheels. Looking forward to getting a group together and scouting out some of the back woods. Just this afternoon I was telling someone that I had a friend that actually liked riding in the rain, guess who I was talking about?

A few of us got together a few weeks ago and did an over night camping trip to Boinkin springs. Just down the road from there is the ghost town of Aldridge.
It was a saw mill town until early in the 1900's. interesting place to poke around.
Up north if Jacksonville is the sight of the Killough massacure. Another good ride although all pavement.

Hay Danny, I don't think I have been back down to Ft Teran since we were down there a few years back.
I am back on a KLR and have a few guys up this way riding, we may have to get a bunch together and make it back known there again.

NOW THE AREA REAL WELL HAVE A KLR 650 MY SELF WORK 14-14 BORN AND RASIED AROUND NEWTON COUNTY TEXAS EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RIDE SOMETIME EMAIL IS waukcattech@gmail.com

Back