• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Sudan TX

dsmith

Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Smith
Long time member, first time poster. We recently moved back to the South Plains from the DFW area after 40 year careers in ag and education. We had lots of motorcycle friends in the metroplex but out here we find ourselves a little desperate for motorcycle companionship. In the garage currently are a 2009 Goldwing, a 2012 Goldwing and a 2014 NC 700 X DCT. All are ABS and I absolutely love the DCT transmission on the 700. I do all of my own maintenance including tires and may be able to host a tech day in the future. We're looking forward to making new friends in the area.

Dan

You may hold the record for longest membership before initial introduction. Trophy's in the mail. :-P Welcome to TWT.

Welcome out of lurk mode :wave:

I had to go look up Sudan... I've lived in Texas most all of my life and had never heard of it. Of course, Texas has so many tiny little towns that it is not hard to never hear of them if they haven't some reason to be widely known.

There are a good number of TWT members out in the Panhandle region, so you should be able to find someone. Valker is the only username that comes to mind at the moment. I think he is in Pampa? May also be a Goldwinger. He's been on TWT a long time and probably knows more folks in that region.

If you're ever in the Midland-Odessa area, give me a shout. I'd be glad to show you around.

Back