• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Introduction

Reaction score
My name is Stephen. I ride a Suzuki V-strom 650 that I bought recently. I love the bike and the feeling of being out on the road. When I was a kid I did some motocross on a Yamaha 80, and in my twenties I shared a beater 400 Kawasaki with some buddies, but then I didn't ride for a lot of years. I live just north of Austin in the Round Rock area. I am looking forward to exploring the hill country and beyond, perhaps even Mexico at some point. Mostly it's Sunday rides for right now, as I am a Dad with kid stuff going on too. My ultimate motorcycle goal is to ride in Mongolia. Yes, Mongolia. That may have to wait a few years though. Tomorrow I am going to head out toward Llano on the early side and look for a dirt road.... Hope to see y'all around.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

We have quite a few members that head down into Mexico and parts beyond fairly often, so there is no shortage of folks that can help you plan a trip South or perhaps have you come along on a trip.

Oh gosh, another VStrom. I think we're over our quota now. :mrgreen: Just kidding. Actually, the 4th annual Stromathon is in Kerrville in early April. All are welcome. Check out the thread on that event.

Welcome, what year is your wee strom? I have an 06 that is in some desperate need to be beat on. Mine is new to me, and the previous owners did the usual upgrades for me. BTW there is a weekly lunch meet in Austin, someone will probably PM you about it. I think at Billy's on Burnet, some weekday. Disclaimer: I haven't been yet, I'm pretty new to this forum as well.

Back