• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Felt Like Pushing a Scooter was a good idea Today.

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Not, really. Well we went riding on Sunday, the DR-Z would cut out at the top intermittently, I thought it was a bad plug because it came and went. Today, I rode Mr. DR-Z to work, and on the way out of the plant, she cratered on me. It wasn't ignition, she was seizing up it seems. I will pop her apart and take a look this weekend. I am praying my $700.00 worth of porting and +1 mm valves didn't get destroyed. But I am just speculating. It has no compression and the piston doesn't seem to move, the crank spins and knocks. Life is hard.

The only really bad part is it was 90 something, and I pushed it about a mile on our access road in traffic. Lots of folks wanted to help, but I figured the workout was good for me.

Here she is when I stopped and pulled off the gear at our training building.

20170613_1725421.jpg

Well some times you win, sometimes you get to rebuild.

Erik Marquez told me to do the bottom end when I went big bore, I am really hopeful that it let go and maybe didn't destroy my head. But, lesson learned. Maybe I can find a nice kicker motor out there.

Dang Doug. This ain't cool. It's a good thing you love it so much though. I have a sneaking feeling that it's going to come back better than before.

You know, you did kind of jinx yourself. Didn't you promise someone special that you would not dump some heinous money on it?

Yep, I jinxed the whole business didn't I? Well, I saw a brand new kicker motor on ebay! That would be fun with a wide ratio tranny, big bore, my crazy cams, and E model stuff with the SSW/MRD pipe. It is workable, plus a kicker would be sort of fun. But I would have to have the compression release. So I am thinking Stock head, I will lose some, but I am afraid the one I have is toast.

Don't give up on it yet! But if you do the kicker, then you can lose the battery and it'll be lighter. This idea has merits.

DAGGUM ...

Sorry to hear that Doug. When it was scootin Sunday it sounded good.
Call me for the unveiling.

That pipe on the bike is so sweet. Loud but sweet. One of my favorite parts and I'm happy it was not harmed in this event. Could have been bad if this thing had seized up at speed.

I was doing 30 and it just died, hopefully minimum damage, but I usually have the luck of Charlie Brown.

So, let's get a show of hands, how many folks think you shouldn't see an intake valve casting a shadow on your piston when you are TDC on the compression stroke. I hope my head guy didn't put crappy valves in my $700.00 head. But, if the valve is bent, I would think it likely the head may be munched, we shall see this weekend.

20170614_165659.jpg

Back