• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please tell me about FM 3090

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Edwards
Good Afternoon all,

I am on the steering committee of a charity bicycle ride in the area. They are currently creating / revising routes. One of the routes goes North along FM 3090. I understand this this road is rather popular on weekends. I was wondering just how much traffic is there on this road on a Saturday. Should I try to keep the bikes off of this road?

I know many of you would rather just keep the bikes off of ALL the roads. Alas, we all know that won't happen, but we can try to keep them off the busier roads.

Thanks,
Jeff

I've never had a problem with them riding on the roads unless you talk about when they have mistakenly started riding 3 or 4 wide, as if they are on the tour do France. That's generally when the problems start. ;)

I've never had a problem with them riding on the roads unless you talk about when they have mistakenly started riding 3 or 4 wide, as if they are on the tour do France. That's generally when the problems start. ;)

agreed

Thanks for the responses. We remind everyone before the start about riding no more than two abreast, but there are always some who don't listen.

Fortunately, 3090 would be about the halfway point on the 100 mile route, so the riders will be well spread out. I don't think having them 3 or 4 wide will be much of a problem at that point.

Regards,
Jeff

I've not been on the end near Navasota lately, but they were working on it and it was closed. That started back in February I think. It is probably done, but you might want to be sure.

The time you have bikes there might be a factor. Any time after lunch you might have some glassy eyed motorcycle riders coming back from Yankees Tavern. If you are early in the day, to beat the heat, I would not expect it to be that busy.

3090 is still closed right out of Navasota...road is very narrow with no shoulder...lots of blind corners that could be dangerous for bicyclist...

Hey Jeff !! I am on a couple of boards around here (TWT, Motohouston) and if I spot that we have a ride going along any of the more popular roads (3090, Racer Road etc) I will post up a notice on the boards warning the Sunday Morning Racers to be aware of the bikes.

Back