• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Alright MitchnTX I Am Calling You Out, Fella!

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I am sad that there are no pictures up, no silly grin photos, no boring old ain't this the dang coolest ...... ever?

You are falling behind! You need to step it up my friend, I am lingering awaiting your posts!
:rider::rider::rider::rider:

1982_HondaCB750F_05_1200x900.jpg

I've only ridden it around the block a couple times.

Engine is smooth as I remember. Like butta ...
Shifts easy and quick, ripping through the gears with ease ... just like I remember.

The frame is small ... like I don't remember. Deep, cushy seat, knees tucked up tight ...

Power rolls on quick and steady. I took it to 6K a couple times and it didn't seem to be breathing hard.

engine sounds like a sewing machine. Hear very little noise. The exhaust note is deep and a little loud. But not raspy or bark.

Throttle is a long twist.

It has a few problems and the PO was gracious about getting me the parts needed to fix it.

But everything works. Even has the original tool kit.

Nicely done Mitch! Looks like a very nice toy. Well played, good form.

I was waiting on these. Congrats cannot wait to see it in person. Hope to examine it in person at a meet and greet.

Thanks ... more than likely this will end up at The Twisted Wick, my daughter's place in Seattle.

That brings back some memories good looking bike

For a short while, I had a 79 SS.

But that was 35 years ago and I certainly don't recall them being this "small" .... :rofl:

Thanks ... more than likely this will end up at The Twisted Wick, my daughter's place in Seattle.

For a short while, I had a 79 SS.

But that was 35 years ago and I certainly don't recall them being this "small" .... :rofl:

They do seem to shrink if you wash them too much.:trust:

Those old 750s look better with four pipes.

Oh, never mind, it has one cam too many.

Very nice. Enjoy!

Beautiful classic bike. My first ride was an '81 CB400t that is the little brother of your bike. Same silver and blue color scheme, same styling theme, etc. maybe it was an 82, I can't remember. Bought it brand new and rode the tar out of it in college. Lots of good memories there.

Met some TWT fellers at Mary's on the Brazos this morning.
Nice ride and a great place to stop for a photo.

It's big cause I'm going to print it.
1982_HondaCB750F_10_1500.jpg

Last edited:
I've cruised past your place a couple times and didn't appear anyone was home.

Jeep was gone. You sell it?

Jeep was parked in the shop, for no real reason.
New job duties have my schedule all out of whack.
Spent yesterday in the shop changing the rear tire on the XII. Fun with the trailer hitch, which somehow didn't get put back on ;-)
Thank God for drop panel bike lifts.

I got to touch it all over on Friday. Very nice scooter, it is so original, it hurts. Older than the Baby Bandit, and every bit as nice or nicer. You need to hear it run, the exhaust note will make you cry if you were born in the 50's, this is the noise we all love.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm torn on how much to "restore".
It's an honest looking bike and I think I prefer to keep it like that.
Restoring can be expensive and never ending ...

Right now, I'm fixing, maintaining and replacing to period correct.

Thanks Mike ... might do that.

Back