• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1993 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast

Reaction score
00J0J_5c5f8RbTyX6_600x450.jpg

I recently took a job that requires a high amount of travel, and likely won't be able to ride much for the next few years - so I'll be selling most of my bikes and gear over the next few months. I'd rather see them on the road than deteriorate in storage.

Since offsite picture hosting is a pain, I'll just use craigslist (unless it's not allowed). If you've got any questions, feel free to shoot them my way.

This bike is a solid machine, and it's always been my go-to reliable bike. It's a shame they weren't more popular, they were WAY ahead of their time.

https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/6269215457.html

Caution: do not read the CL ad while taking a dump. Laughter emanating from the "library" just brings curious quips from the wife, wondering what is so funny. No really, what's so funny? Stop laughing and tell me! Your driving me crazy with all that laughing!!! *flush*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not that funny, I read the whole thing but quit laughing. But I do hope he sells his bike. GLWS
Are these bikes good HI way cruisers? Are they automatic transmissions?

Last edited:
It is not that funny

Exactly. The internet is serious business, and I treat it as such.

Bike is an awesome cruiser - light enough where you aren't killing yourself at stop lights, but heavy enough to not get beat up on the interstate. If you keep it at a responsible speed, you can squeeze 44-48mpg out of it. Once you break 80mph, it goes downhill quickly.

It's got a 5 speed transmission, which is perfect for what it is. We all love our 6 speeds, but this dude doesn't really need it. Once you're at cruising speed, it puts you near the powerband in 5th, so changing lanes is no big issue.

It needs nothing, just a tank of gas and someone to take it on a new adventure!

I may have a person off site that is interested. I will show her picture, and let you know. The internet is such serious busniess, now that is funny :lol2:

Last edited:
These things have a small but serious cult following. I'm not sure the typical PC800 enthusiast- as you said, a middle age white guy that wants a motorcycle to be as similar to his beige Camry as possible- will appreciate your tasteless "comedy" ad. Your pictures depict clear abuse, such as driving off road (YOU NEED AN ADV FOR THAT!), carrying luggage (THAT BAG COULD HAVE BEEN STOLEN WHY DONT YOU HAVE AN ENORMOUS GIVI BOX?), or the mere suggestion it has been operated after/while consuming alcohol or drugs, above posted speed limits, or that you had any fun riding it in any way.

PC800 enthusiasts want to hear about how it was taken on sensible rides in nice weather to exciting destinations like Costco, SAS Comfort Shoes, or the La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery to peruse this year's new end table models, while the missus inquires about throw pillow trade value. Photos of the bike should be taken with a shaky flip phone camera that probably has ointment of some kind smeared on the lens. The bike needs to be absolutely stock, aside from maybe a beaded seat cover, which can be included if it sells for the asking price. An Aerostitch commuter suit, in size 48 extra fat, would be a worthwhile bonus as well.

You've effectively orphaned this bike from it's owner base, which is honestly the best thing possible.

These things have a small but serious cult following. I'm not sure the typical PC800 enthusiast- as you said, a middle age white guy that wants a motorcycle to be as similar to his beige Camry as possible- will appreciate your tasteless "comedy" ad. Your pictures depict clear abuse, such as driving off road (YOU NEED AN ADV FOR THAT!), carrying luggage (THAT BAG COULD HAVE BEEN STOLEN WHY DONT YOU HAVE AN ENORMOUS GIVI BOX?), or the mere suggestion it has been operated after/while consuming alcohol or drugs, above posted speed limits, or that you had any fun riding it in any way.

PC800 enthusiasts want to hear about how it was taken on sensible rides in nice weather to exciting destinations like Costco, SAS Comfort Shoes, or the La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery to peruse this year's new end table models, while the missus inquires about throw pillow trade value. Photos of the bike should be taken with a shaky flip phone camera that probably has ointment of some kind smeared on the lens. The bike needs to be absolutely stock, aside from maybe a beaded seat cover, which can be included if it sells for the asking price. An Aerostitch commuter suit, in size 48 extra fat, would be a worthwhile bonus as well.

You've effectively orphaned this bike from it's owner base, which is honestly the best thing possible.

I wanted to see what this bike could do, and it was an amazing machine with everything I put it through. There's only one other guy who adventures these things, which breaks my heart. It's a total shame she wasn't able to see snow - I wanted to hit every type of weather condition on it. Joking aside, I've taken great pains to make sure this bike was squared away mechanically. I would be astonished if this bike developed any issues within the next 40-60K miles.

Every time I posted on the PC800 forums, they had a stroke - so I'm glad to find someone who understands.

I'm pretty sure all those pics of the PC800's tires touching dirt were photoshopped, as they're known to spontaneously burst into flames if their tires touch anything except virgin concrete roadways. :lol2:
Seriously, GLWS. Way under-rated bikes.

How much does it weigh? It looks big when I see the pics but when I have seen them tooling along the highway they seem to be a compact package and smaller than a Bergman.

This one sure is pretty.

I lived in western Oregon when the PC800 came out. It was the shiznit out there -- with all that plastic and an over-sized windshield you could ride and stay sort-of dry. (And you can carry a bunch of granola under the seat. :-P )

I don’t think the seller looked at his title. The PC800 was not made in 1993. The black one was in 94-95. Just sayin.

How much does it weigh? It looks big when I see the pics but when I have seen them tooling along the highway they seem to be a compact package and smaller than a Bergman.

This one sure is pretty.

Wet weight is 612lbs. Not "heavy" by any means. I would describe it as being the perfect midsize bike. Not as insane as a Goldwing, but it's got way more wind protection than anything else that's close in size.

I don’t think the seller looked at his title. The PC800 was not made in 1993. The black one was in 94-95. Just sayin.

I honestly have zero clue. Haha. I bought it on a whim from a nice guy out of Galveston while I was down visiting friends. I'll have to see if it's got a frame sticker. If anything, the bikes a few years newer than I thought! Even better!

This is apparently the greatest used bike ad ever posted as declared by RideApart writer Jason Marker. Here is a link to his article: link

the original Honda ad.... priceless

[ame="http://youtu.be/n_5CGtLBNvo"]U.S. Military's Most Powerful Cannon - Electromagnetic Railgun - Shoots 100 miles - Mach 7 - YouTube[/ame]

woops, that's not it.

[ame="http://youtu.be/j6MkkdxjDro"]COMMERCIAL: 1988 Honda Pacific Coast Motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

This one sure is pretty.

I drove Humzah's PC8 home from Cleburne a couple of years ago. I can tell you it doesn't feel heavy and I found it easy to maneuver. It doesn't steer quite as quickly as my VStrom or a Versys, but it's a different type of bike. Think of it as midsized tourer.

Did I miss the price? ???

Yes you did, and also the sale! lol
The bike sold a few weeks ago but the ad was pretty funny.
I think you can google it as the 'funniest bike ad of the year' or something like that, one of the bike magazines archived it for posterity.

Back