• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The kid gear thread

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Like others here, I have kids that are finally getting into dirt riding. Finding gear, new or used, is a priority. So I thought I would post this thread as a place for people to offer to sell/trade/donate/find gear for kids. This is a big deal because they outgrow gear so quickly at young ages and not all of us can afford to constantly run out to buy new gear. So if you have gear you are no longer using or need gear, please post it up here.

:tab All that said, I could use some boots for Sarah (size 1, 7 yrs old) and Daniel (size 12, 5 yrs old). I have everything else for them.

I'll take a look and see what we have at home. I know we have a pair of over-the-ankle hiking boots in size 1 or 2. Worn less than a dozen times.

I still have a kid-size off-road helmet that Squeaky gave me to give someone else but they had already gotten something. It's in the garage and available...

Also a great place to post deals you find online.

I have a pair of white fox or msr boots I bought for my daughter at age 5/6. I think they are size 11 or 12. I was hoping to use them for her younger sister, but she's not quite ready to ride yet. And I think she's outgrown them too. Other than a few smudges, they are in perfect shape. I'd be willing to sell them cheap... or better ,trade them for a larger size. Also have some gloves they outgrew. When I get home, I'll get some pics and better description and post them up.

I have a pair of white fox or msr boots I bought for my daughter at age 5/6. I think they are size 11 or 12. I was hoping to use them for her younger sister, but she's not quite ready to ride yet. And I think she's outgrown them too. Other than a few smudges, they are in perfect shape. I'd be willing to sell them cheap... or better ,trade them for a larger size. Also have some gloves they outgrew. When I get home, I'll get some pics and better description and post them up.

I'd be interested. Even if they are too small for Sarah, they might fit Daniel. Then there is Rachel, she's only three right now but she'll be needing something in a few years ;-)

Got them! Thanks. Looks like Daniel will be able to wear them. I just need to replace that one buckle strap.

Fox Comp 5 MX Boots Size 3/35. Worn about twice before outgrown. Boxed waiting for eBay. Make offer...

junior scott goggles, new. be advised these are small. Free. Oh and while we are on the subject, I bought a like new used pair of fox moto boots for one of the kids and they were immaculate until the plastic starts to disintegrate, making the straps come apart after only a few short rides. Beware, they work well now with a little electrical tape.

Raising the grandson up on his little 50 is tough- he is doing great, been riding since he was 5, and is 7 now.
Does anyone with kids know the deal with youth moto helmets?
I bought him a medium initially, got too small and last summer went up to a youth xl. Pulled it out yesterday and he wore it for awhile and came in complaining it was killing him, and his head was disfigured because it is so tight!

Do I try to jump up to an adult small? He doesn't have what I would consider to be a freakishly large head, lol but apparently it is growing faster than the rest of him.

Btw I've got a very low usage bilt youth xl in black and orange if anyone needs one.

Interested in used ones if anyone has one they think will fit his grape that they aren't using.

Take him somewhere and see what fits. My kid also has the freakishly large head problem. Two funny stories.

When he was 8 years old, his great aunt wanted to take him to the Houston Rodeo and promised to buy him a real "Cowboy" hat. The hat lady kept trying him with kids hats but none of them would fit and when she put him an adult small hat and it was a perfect fit. That is also the size his mom wore. Poor great aunt, the adult hat cost almost 3x as much as a kids hat, but she'd promised so she bought it for him.

Took him skiing a short while later. Having bought him a helmet I knew he wore an adult small helmet. The guy at the ski shop didn't believe me and brought out a kids helmet. In total stoner drawl he said "Duuuuude, your kids got a huge dome man!" :D He then brought out the adult small I'd requested in the first place, perfect fit.

Now he's 14 and wearing an Adult large. Helmets are best test fit in person, see what fits and go with that.

My daughter is wanting to start riding with me. She’s 11 and pretty small. Looking for an XS full face helmet and a small or medium (small cut) ladies jacket of some sort. Tried a couple on at cyclegear this past weekend and the alpine stars medium and sedici small fit her like a glove. Anyone have anything they are wanting to sell cheap?

Might want to specify if looking for a dirt or street helmet. I have a couple of dirt helmets hanging out but nothing in an XS.

Take him somewhere and see what fits. My kid also has the freakishly large head problem. Two funny stories.

When he was 8 years old, his great aunt wanted to take him to the Houston Rodeo and promised to buy him a real "Cowboy" hat. The hat lady kept trying him with kids hats but none of them would fit and when she put him an adult small hat and it was a perfect fit. That is also the size his mom wore. Poor great aunt, the adult hat cost almost 3x as much as a kids hat, but she'd promised so she bought it for him.

Took him skiing a short while later. Having bought him a helmet I knew he wore an adult small helmet. The guy at the ski shop didn't believe me and brought out a kids helmet. In total stoner drawl he said "Duuuuude, your kids got a huge dome man!" :D He then brought out the adult small I'd requested in the first place, perfect fit.

Now he's 14 and wearing an Adult large. Helmets are best test fit in person, see what fits and go with that.
I'm a XXL in most helmets. My 6-year-old is rocking an adult small these days. Looks like a q-tip.

PXL_20230809_135438610.MP.jpg

Back