• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to me 07 R1200GS

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Bodenschatz
Howdy everyone. Bike change today, going from the F650 Funduro to the 1200GS, any ideas about rider seats and adding hyperlites?
Thanks,
Frank

Sargent seems to be a popular choice for seats. I prefer Skene P3 lights to Hyperlites (larger) but they are all equally easy to wire.

Thanks, never heard of the Skene but will look them up.
What about wiring them into the wiring, and canbus issues?

Congrats on the new ride!

I just got an 07 GS a few weeks ago as well. Not my first though. I had an 02 1150 GS and an 05 1200 GS.

I do like the Sargent seat that came with it! :thumb:

I love it, brute size till you move it. Then it's fluid, now I have to learn how to control its 'fluidity.'
Got my Black 'blem' Rox Risers for $58, today, waiting for the Torx E10 in the tool kit coming tomorrow. I had everyone but that size.
Kaoko cruise works well, easier to set than my old throttlemeister on Red.
Need larger footrests and side stand foot.
Will be checking out tires for later this year.
Pilot Road 4 Trails are in the lead now. HAYNES service manual is on the way and then it's time to hook up the Garmin GPS power cable, and rewire the PIAA lights to a mini power block hooked to the battery till I can afford a better one. Then an LED taillamp replacement and the hyperlights or other version. I'd like to have it set up perfect for the trip to MENA this year.
Frank

Last edited:
Loved my '07 GS but it came to an untimely demise and got replaced by a '14 GSA. I have a Haynes manual for '04-'09 R1200 Twins I'll put in the PIF forum later today.

If you have a chance to do an off road course with any of the vendors or guys from the forum (ulybrad, ARI, et al) it's time and money well spent learning how to handle these beasts. I spent Monday lost in some gnarly Arizona back country and was so glad I had done a couple different courses that gave me the confidence to take the bike where it was designed to go.

Wish id known about the book before inordered one, but I would love to come down for a course on the beast. Probably not this year but I'll keep looking at the planned ones and try to work it out with the wife and work.
Thanks for the tip,
Frank

Last edited:
Back