• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Too large to move . Easy to go around .
Need a saw

I'll be riding around 8 am Friday Sep 1st .
Join if you are able . Weather will be great .

I am in Austin and visited the park today and spoke to about 10 really nice guys all riding Trials bikes.. they invited me back next time with my bike, so will have to find a reason to come back soon..

Too large to move by a single person? Do they need a chain saw? Were you able to get around them fairly easily? Inquiring minds want to know. :lol2:

A little birdie told me someone already cleared the trees. I'll check for myself tomorrow.

A little birdie told me someone already cleared the trees. I'll check for myself tomorrow.
I'm planning on going out Saturday morning at 0 dark 30 again to enjoy a cool morning. My wife saw a motorcycle in a head on collision yesterday so I know she'll be nervous about me riding.

I'm planning on going out tomorrow morning at 6:45 if anyone wants to go. Post up and I'll meet you in the parking lot otherwise I'll come in from the top of the park.

...taking a break from Emma to go
ride some relaxing stuff....:mrgreen:
20170901_151336.jpg

Screenshot_2017-09-01-08-24-38-1.png

Weather was awesome this morning. So great to not be totally dripping with sweat every time you stop.

I did notice an unusual amount of large rocks in the middle of some of the trails. Maybe it was just me but there were several spots I came up on where there was a really large loose rock just sitting in the middle of the trail. I moved a few that seemed way out of place.

Plan to ride Emma Friday, Sept 29. Early for me would be 8AM, but plan to milk it the whole day and celebrate the new normal post Harvey!!!

And if the weather cooperates, will head to CTOR from there and do Saturday and Sunday. If there's rain, I might head to HF or just make more from Emma. If I get the trials bike finally going by then, that would make Emma even better. There are a few new areas I found I'd like to woodshed on the trials before I attempt it on the dirtbike.

It's just plain easier to pick up a trials bike when you're learning to ride through something new and challenging.

This is a section I like to practice climbing all the way up . It's helped me a good deal to climb steep hills standing on the pegs out in CO and Cloudcroft.

The section I practice is the last downhill that finishes off those upper trails that runs alongside Pearce road. I do this last downhill in reverse, starting down at the bottom where it tees in w/ the main loop. At the T, there's almost no runway going back up, and loose rocks is hard to get momentum going, so it's clutch work from the get-go to put traction down on the rr tire...
20170926_111735.jpg

Midway up, this nice vertical kicker gets your heart pumping real good, more clutchwork to setup your front wheel for the next 3 ledges (ready to throw you off the bike and on your azzz)...:lol2:
20170926_111546-1.jpg

...by the time you get to the last 3 ledges at the top, you're huffin' and puffin' like crazy...don't ya just love this place??:clap:
20170926_111428-1.jpg

Went this morning (saturday) and it was great. I think I'll head out there in am for another few laps.

Weather has been amazing . Heading out for an afternoon ride today (Wednesday)

Will anyone be there next Wednesday 25th October? I will be driving from Dallas to Austin and want to bring my trial bike with me and ride Wednesday, but I don’t know the park, so would like to join up with someone that does.. can ride over pretty much anything, so shouldn’t cramp anyone’s fun.

Gary

Wed is the most popular day . Very friendly trials guys will take care of you . Usually stating at 2 pm or so.

Thanks, I will arrive in a Ford Expedition with my wife and the bike inside the car. We will be in Austin for 4 days and I was worried the bike would get stolen if it was outside the car, found that it fits inside, so will keep it there. Plan to arrive around 3:00pm this afternoon.

Gary

Thanks Matt, sorry we didn’t get to ride together, but the others took good care of me, I haven’t sweated so much in such a short time, and they greatly helped me improve my technique. Hope we will get a chance to ride together sometime soon.

Gary

Glad you had fun. I on the otherhand, discovered my rear brake didnt work. I putted around the parking lot and as I loaded up ripped open some freshly healed skin on knee as I brushed past the bike. I still had a good time though, I love that place!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back