• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A few kind words about Woods Fun Center Austin

Reaction score
After decades of almost forgetting about the place, Woods Fun Center did me right today on a tire purchase.

I'm out of a truck for the time being, so my bike will be my daily ride. It needed tires badly, and quick...and it's Monday. Woods was the only option I could think of. I gave them a try.

I knew I'd be limited to what they had in stock, but they had a decent amount of tire choices.

After only about an hour wait (with no appointment) I was out the door with some new Michelin Pilot Power 3s at internet-discount prices. Fair mount and balance charge too. They even washed my bike. Prompt, friendly service at both the parts and service counters.

As for Pilot Power 3s on the Versys - No long trips planned and sticky sportbike tires are fun:trust:.

Last edited:
Re: A few kind words about Woods Fun Center

From what I have seen of them, the new Woods team are pretty decent folks.

My experience wasn't so good. I had a Wednesday appointment for the 6K tune up, for my 2014 R 1200 GS Adventure. I also was going to have some Scout tires installed while it was there. They stated no problem. Living and working in the Killeen area it's a little trek down there so I Dropped the Bike off the Saturday several days prior to the appointment, informing them I will be down the next Saturday to pick the bike up. All week I was anticipating getting the bike back and riding again. The big day arrives, I wake the wife up and she drives me down there in the morning prior to the heat of the day. Needless to say we get down there on Saturday morning and was informed they haven't started on it yet?? I was like ***. I waited 7 hours down there while they rushed to complete the job.I say BS they will never get my business again. They could've called to inform me they had my cell and home number, they had my e-mail nothing.

The big day arrives, I wake the wife up and she drives me down there in the morning prior to the heat of the day. Needless to say we get down there on Saturday morning and was informed they haven't started on it yet?? I was like ***. I waited 7 hours down there while they rushed to complete the job.I say BS they will never get my business again. They could've called to inform me they had my cell and home number, they had my e-mail nothing.

A lot of folks fed up with TJ Cycle's and Woods are using Cuzin Bob. He runs a top-notch motorcycle service department that focuses on Beemers in Austin.

RB

Cuznbob's Hill Country Motorcycles LLC
10603 Metric Blvd. #106
Austin, TX 78758
512-424-9146
cuznbobs@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back