• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Watch those fools around you!

Saw that anchor lady wondered why they were filming already at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had not quite so close of a call in Dallas on 635 one day. Middle of a sunny day, not all that much traffic and who knows why but this women in the left lane all of the sudden loses control of her car, slams into the retaining wall then bounces across all 5 lanes taking out a SUV along the way. They both ended up halfway up the embankment of the off ramp at 635 and N Galloway. I was about 150 feet behind her in the second lane from the right. Had a lot more time to react then that guy in the video did. :lol2:

Your screen name almost came true! :giveup:

I am betting most of us have horror stories like that. I have taken to screaming "STOP TEXTING!!" at just about every car I see.

Had not quite so close of a call in Dallas on 635 one day. Middle of a sunny day, not all that much traffic and who knows why but this women in the left lane all of the sudden loses control of her car, slams into the retaining wall then bounces across all 5 lanes taking out a SUV along the way. They both ended up halfway up the embankment of the off ramp at 635 and N Galloway. I was about 150 feet behind her in the second lane from the right. Had a lot more time to react then that guy in the video did. :lol2:

Your screen name almost came true! :giveup:

Um, unfortunately, he got that nickname after it was already true.

I've had a vehicle right behind me flip and disintigrate into pieces in my mirrors. I've had a vehicle spin out of control on the opposite side of the highway, cross the median, and pass less than 50 yards in front of me head-on. And I've spun a car in a heavy downpour, crossed two lanes in one direction, miss the median concrete divider, spin back the other way acrcoss three lanes facing the wrong direction, and come to a stop in the grass between the highway and access road without hitting anything. But one of the scariest was a truck that lost it's spare tire from under the bed. The wheel bounced and rolled, staying upright from gyroscopic force, with the long metal bar that normally threads into the underside of the pickup still attached perpendicularly, like the long spinning spikes on the end of a Roman chariot wheel. It bounced roughly head high two or three times and passed within 10ft of my left shoulder. It felt more like 2 inches from my shoulder at the time. :eek2:

I had a semi lose both right rear tires in shreds ahead of me the other day, and that was scary enough.

I was side swiped by a shopping cart corral once time; thank God is was low speed.

There were other riders behind the one the car almost hit who also had to take evasive action. Good to see the other riders kept a little space around themselves so that they, too, had escape routes.

Wow, I'd have clenched so hard that they would need a plastic surgeon to make me a new butt crack :o

Yea, there's no shortage of fools out there. And the closer they are, the more likely something will happen. One reason I left the big city asap.

Um, unfortunately, he got that nickname after it was already true.

Yup :-(

I've had a vehicle right behind me flip and disintigrate into pieces in my mirrors. I've had a vehicle spin out of control on the opposite side of the highway, cross the median, and pass less than 50 yards in front of me head-on. And I've spun a car in a heavy downpour, crossed two lanes in one direction, miss the median concrete divider, spin back the other way acrcoss three lanes facing the wrong direction, and come to a stop in the grass between the highway and access road without hitting anything. But one of the scariest was a truck that lost it's spare tire from under the bed. The wheel bounced and rolled, staying upright from gyroscopic force, with the long metal bar that normally threads into the underside of the pickup still attached perpendicularly, like the long spinning spikes on the end of a Roman chariot wheel. It bounced roughly head high two or three times and passed within 10ft of my left shoulder. It felt more like 2 inches from my shoulder at the time. :eek2:

Last w/e on a DS ride we were behind a log truck coming into a little town and the dang rear bumper on the tractor FELL OFF!!!!!! The idiot ran over it with his trailer and you could tell he was looking in the mirror at it and the Jackwagon just kept on driving. The big chunk of steel was laying across the other lane, so we stopped and dragged it off the hiway.

Back