• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bar riser question

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
I posted this in the F800 forum and got nuttin' so I figured I'd come here.

Bought the ST with bar risers already installed and I really don't see the need for them and want to go back to the original set up. From the pic, are the 2 mounts that lock down the handlbar the same ones to use to go back to the OEM set up? I ask because there were some parts in the tank bag included when I purchased it but no mounts for the handlebar. Also, all the hex screws have a blue dot. Does that mean blue loctite?

Thanks for the info.
photo_zps31e5e737.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The two mounts/caps should go back to the oem location. Blue loctite would be my guess.
Pix of other parts might help with a guess also.

iPhone Tapatalk

I'd just take it apart and see what happens. Only thing I notice is the upper cap/mount screws(furthest away from the rider) are most likely longer than whatever the OEM used as they act to secure the cap and go through the risers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Yeah Xdriver, I was thinking the same thing. I'll take them apart and see what happens. I removed the after market screen yesterday and went back to the OEM.

RealOEM.com has parts diagrams which might be helpful sourcing the correct size bolts. The caps look like they belong to the risers as they are tapped for a RAM ball, but will probably work.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0244&mospid=52635&btnr=32_1248&hg=32&fg=71

The shorter one is an M8x30 and either of the top two should be that size. The front bolt is probably the correct length. Don't use Loctite, most call for a torque of 23nm.

Last edited:
Thanks for help. Thought they were loctited on by they weren't. Went back to OEM an like it much better. Sargent seat on order and then maybe a Delkvic pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back