• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas

Reaction score
Finally healed up, sorta. Anyone able to make a trip(DS) reasonably soon? Mena, Clarksville, etc. Doesn't matter, just in the forest as much as possible.

Finally healed up, sorta. Anyone able to make a trip(DS) reasonably soon? Mena, Clarksville, etc. Doesn't matter, just in the forest as much as possible.

I'd be up for a fast weekend. All I got time wise.

I might possibly be able to go up for a quick trip sometime in the next few weeks. Could stay at my fabulous Newton County buffalo ranch. That is if you don't mind an old hilltop ranch house with no water or "facilities". It is almost like camping, but has decent beds in a real structure with lights & electricity. Or if you want the full on outdoors in the forest experience... I have several different primitive campsites deep off in the wilderness located along side cliff ledges, waterfalls, etc. October is such a magical time to visit the Ozarks. I always try to make it up there for at least a brief visit. Needless to say, there is lots of nice dirt & dual sport riding to be done both on the ranch & all around the area. :rider: :rider:

trying to squeeze in an AR visit for end of Oct myself (best time for fall color). Still haven't worked out the details or confirmed it is definite yet. Would be cool if our plans match.

I thought about trying to meet up with the AR campers on Oct 17-19 Long Pool area is always nice. Or maybe the weekend after and just ride their tracks.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651353

I have a TORN race Oct 25 & 26. E TX 500 is this coming weekend. Looks like the 17th will be my only possible chance. Starting to see that time is really growing short for me. I ship out on a new job the weekend of Nov 15, and won't be back in town until just before X-mas. So I guess it will have to be on the 17th or nothing for me this year.

Back