• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Lake Jackson

Reaction score
Hello folks,

New guy to riding, not much experience other than offroad in the Corps on
M1011's (Diesel KLR650's). Took the MSF and remembered how much I like being on two wheels. Excited to see the MexTreck rides coming up in October! Its a HUGEEEEE reason I'm headed into this new addiction!

But a new guy comes with some problems, especially an honest one! Dealerships don't want newly "M" endorsed folks to test ride. I get that as a devout capitalist but still need to get a feel.

I want to ride a civilian version of the KLR 650 to see if thats what suits my needs. What's a guy to do? REALLY want to cruise a Honda Africa Twin but figure baby steps are best!

Welcome. Plenty of KLRs on the site. One of the most popular rides out there. Get both so you do not have to worry you made the wrong selection.:rofl: The AT is starting to build a large following also. Make sure to post up when you get one. Someone on here might let you spin theres around the block. KP

Welcome and thank you for your service! While this is a great, helpful, and informative forum, you might have some luck joining motohouston.com and finding someone more local to you for some help.

Lol there’s a sign when you drive in to Lake Jackson that says “Land of Enchantment” I just changed the name to match the reality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a test ride at a dealer ONE WEEK after getting my M. The sales guy lead me around for maybe 30 minutes - it was the fastest I'd ever gone on a bike by a long shot - zero street experience - just the MSF class :) .

KLR isn't a bad choice - maybe just buy one used private party and just use it to get familiar with bikes again. Keep it 6 months, or 6 years!

I’ve thought of that myself Jeff.......get my training wheels off so I can get an Africa Twin [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the area, I am in Brazoria and you can usually find my on my KLR. PM me if you need something down here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Welcome, wish you were closer to Fort Worth. you could ride one of mine and see how it feels. I have a gen 1 and a gen 2 KLR sitting in my garage. I flip a coin sometimes to see what I'm riding on any given day. Have to admit I like my Gen 1 better. ;-)

I would be down for that.

You guys want to meet up next Saturday?

Back