• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ouray CO end of June

webnel

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
I've got some plans to be base camped (camping) in Ouray CO about June 21st to 27th. I'll have the 250 Rally with me for exploring with on two wheels.

Oh your gonna hate it.:rofl:

DSCN0189-001_zpsuw50m3me.jpg

I already know how much there is to hate there ;-)

Looking forward to the ride report and some pictures.:photo: Believe me when I say we all wish we could join in!

That is such amazing country, had a fantastic time last year when RG took me on a few killer rides all around the area. Trying to get the big boss to rent a house in Purgatory again this year, hoping in the September time frame. This time I have the Husky and the AT.

Let us know if all the passes are clear, have had problems in June on a prior trip. And have a steak and bourbon at the Outlaw for me. :thumb:

I just fit this in when I could on short notice, but not a bad time frame. I suspect some snow blockage up high at times.

Im trying to hit that area mid September. I've done it in a cage and have been dying to get there on proper transport.

I've got some plans to be base camped (camping) in Ouray CO about June 21st to 27th. I'll have the 250 Rally with me for exploring with on two wheels.

Webnel - I'm sure you know what you're getting yourself into...only some of the best riding on two wheels! Enjoy it.

July 2016, when the big bikes came to town:

https://vimeo.com/176895679

We'll be heading there right after you July 5-9.

As was mentioned a report on if everything is clear would be awesome!

I just fit this in when I could on short notice, but not a bad time frame. I suspect some snow blockage up high at times.

Is this your first trip with the Honda in Colorado? If so it would be great to hear how she did out there for you.:rider:

Let us know if all the passes are clear, have had problems in June on a prior trip. And have a steak and bourbon at the Outlaw for me. :thumb:

I was in Lake City day before yesterday and Cinnamon is already open but muddy. LOTS of snow still up there. It may be a while before Engineers is open.

A few of us are headed to Gunnison for the Geico adventure ride thingy in mid July. By all accounts it's supposed to be a hoot. We'll see... my track record with big organized rides is somewhat checkered.

Picking up the BDR ride after that. CO, UT, ID, MT, WY and back to CO.

If y'all pass through Lake City, be sure to stop by the funnel cake place and say howdy to the owner. He's a great off-road guy who knows TWT.

It'll be my first time one the 250 Rally. Been there with a CRF450X and xr650l before.

Here's a vid of the last visit. https://youtu.be/rNVTKPXZ_8U

Nice Vid Webnel ! ?? I love riding around little Switzerland ??
Although its awesome to have help close by if need I am dissapointed in all the Razr traffic through there now. I was trying to get up a steep part of Engineer and a trail of 27 atv's completely killed my momentum & I had to stop & wait for them....I wish they would teach mountain road etiquette to the renters.

I hope to be there mid June

Nice Vid Webnel ! ���� I love riding around little Switzerland ����
Although its awesome to have help close by if need I am dissapointed in all the Razr traffic through there now. I was trying to get up a steep part of Engineer and a trail of 27 atv's completely killed my momentum & I had to stop & wait for them....I wish they would teach mountain road etiquette to the renters.

I hope to be there mid June

Started riding out of Ouray in the early '80's. To see the total destruction of the area from the quartard-razor-sxs's is disgusting and just plain sad. The area from Ouray to Telluride and including Black Bear is not even recognizable as compared to past days. Looks like bulldozers have been the ride of choice. We don't even consider going there now till after school starts and the crowds lessen. Even then the scars remain. Paradise Lost!

Last edited:
Back