• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROLL THE BONES RALLY 7: GET LUCKY...October 28-30, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at some of the roads we normally we run yesterday and Johnson County has been hard at work scraping pavement up and putting down new road bed between the rains.

Hill County Roads are about as bad as ever. I reckon they ran a grader over the more heavily used roads during the summer and called it good.

I looked at some of the roads we normally we run yesterday and Johnson County has been hard at work scraping pavement up and putting down new road bed between the rains.

Hill County Roads are about as bad as ever. I reckon they ran a grader over the more heavily used roads during the summer and called it good.

Sounds perfect for DS. :)

Never done the Bones.

WR450 or the Super Tenere? [emoji14]onder:
Glad to have you joining us this year!

Keep in mind that you should plan to ride with someone who has a GPS since this is not a rally focused on playing follow the leader around the countryside. If you prefer maps then those will be privided as well. Riders are encouraged to create small groups because small groups are more readily adaptable to the problems typically encountered on these types of rides.

Here's a break down of the GPS tracks attendees will receive prior to the rally.

Dirty Raid: This track is designed for the little bikes. It's typically shorter and with as little pavement as possible. The goal of the Dirty Raid is to hit the nastiest roads in the area and long detours will be taken to avoid pavement and see the country side. It is all scouted on an 1150gsa (when it was dry) so technically it's doable on a big bike but not necessarily fun. Some roads may be impassable on a big bike this year with all the rain we've been getting. It's hard to say.

Rally Raid: This track is designed for the big bikes and is known for featuring more miles than a sane group can cover in one day. On this route riders will, inevitably, get a few challenges that will test their big bike skills. Between abandoned bridges, sandy roads, and beautiful scenery riders will encounter the twistiest pavement the area has to offer. Boring gravel will be bypassed for twisty pavement.

Paved Raid: This track is provided as a courtesy to all of our street bike riding attendees. It will endeavor to show riders beautiful scenery and the twistiest paved roads in the area.

If Iron Butt riding is your thang we should have a little something for you too. We are discussing a prize for the attendee who logs the most verifiable miles between the riders meetings finale Saturday morning and an, as of yet, undetermined time Saturday night.

Glad to have you joining us this year!

Keep in mind that you should plan to ride with someone who has a GPS since this is not a rally focused on playing follow the leader around the countryside. If you prefer maps then those will be privided as well. Riders are encouraged to create small groups because small groups are more readily adaptable to the problems typically encountered on these types of rides.

Here's a break down of the GPS tracks attendees will receive prior to the rally.

Dirty Raid: This track is designed for the little bikes. It's typically shorter and with as little pavement as possible. The goal of the Dirty Raid is to hit the nastiest roads in the area and long detours will be taken to avoid pavement and see the country side. It is all scouted on an 1150gsa (when it was dry) so technically it's doable on a big bike but not necessarily fun. Some roads may be impassable on a big bike this year with all the rain we've been getting. It's hard to say.

Rally Raid: This track is designed for the big bikes and is known for featuring more miles than a sane group can cover in one day. On this route riders will, inevitably, get a few challenges that will test their big bike skills. Between abandoned bridges, sandy roads, and beautiful scenery riders will encounter the twistiest pavement the area has to offer. Boring gravel will be bypassed for twisty pavement.

Paved Raid: This track is provided as a courtesy to all of our street bike riding attendees. It will endeavor to show riders beautiful scenery and the twistiest paved roads in the area.

If Iron Butt riding is your thang we should have a little something for you too. We are discussing a prize for the attendee who logs the most verifiable miles between the riders meetings finale Saturday morning and an, as of yet, undetermined time Saturday night.

Calling Ouroboros or Rainmaker....which category did we do a couple of years ago, me on my loaded Wee and in over my head having naively believed a certain someone's description of, "mostly pavement, easy gravel"? :doh:

Calling Ouroboros or Rainmaker....which category did we do a couple of years ago, me on my loaded Wee and in over my head having naively believed a certain someone's description of, "mostly pavement, easy gravel"? :doh:

Hey, I was there too!

We were on the rally raid route.

Were you in the group that got caught up in all of that sandy mess? I saw pictures of that. :rider:

Yeah, YOUR rear tire passing YOUR front tire. Not a good feeling. Wish I had seen that but kinda glad I didn't. Seeing how you glued up the windscreen the next day was enough.

I figured I had pushed my luck far enough that day.

Ran a few of the Somerville and Bosque county gravel roads, with the sidecar rig. Here is one that has been well taken care of.

20160905_102028_zpstwtudw9y.jpg

Last edited:
Ran a few of the Somerville and Bosque county gravel roads, with the sidecar rig. Here is one that has been well taken care of.

20160905_102028_zpstwtudw9y.jpg

I have been waiting for some teasers! Keep em coming!

Nope. I was with everybody who fell down on "Possum Trot" hill or whatever it was called. Very fun day.

You are doing the dirty raid on that little bike this year! :). I hope! That hill would be easy on your new bike. It was easy on my DRZ.

Deep Down even has some grass growing in the middle, with water in one crossing, but all the area is greener than normal.
I did manage to stress crack the tail light bracket to the point that I found it hanging by the wires. Good thing I had extra bungees with me.

Sorry for my lack of involvement...Divorce and health issues have kept me hammered down. I think we are still having registration issues...signing up for Adventure Riders of Texas does NOT register you for the rally....I am having the website rebuilt and will be relaunched soon:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back