• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi there from Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Last Name
Wolf
Hi guys. Brand-spankin' new to this forum. Been riding many years; and born and raised in Texas. I've had Hondas, a V-Star, Kawasaki, and Harley. My last bike was a Harley Electra Glide UC. Couple of months ago I rode from Houston to the summit of Pikes Peak. Back home to Houston in 72 hours. The ride of a lifetime. Love those long distance rides, but my job keeps me tethered to H-town far too much.

Anyway. Been hankin' for a sport touring bike again (had a Concours back in 2011-2014 and loved it, before I traded it for a H-D). Sooo...this weekend I went down and traded my H-D for a brand new 2017 Yamaha FJR 1300ES. Can't wait to get out and put some real miles on it.

Probably be lurking' more than posting'. But I'm looking forward to exploring this site.

6PzBOys.png

I love the turbine like engine of the FJR. Welcome to the site. Ride safe in H Town.

Welcome and nice looking bike. That’s sure is a ride of a lifetime. 72 hours round trip to Pikes Peak. I rode past the exit on the way home from Sturgis at the beginning of the month. That too was a ride of a lifetime. Enjoy the new bike and keep the rubber side down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys! I think this is the most excited I’ve been about a new bike. And wouldn’t you know it...looks like a few weeks of crappy weather...:tears:

:welcome: & enjoy! Nice looking ride, break it in right would mean to get it out in the rain ;-)

Welcome!

Now, go back to that same spot and shoot the bike from a lower bike-level position and throw some post-processing at it like increase clarity. It'd be an awesome picture! :photo: :deal:

Good ones!

Actually, don’t mind the rain. But my commute is too short to justify leaving it sitting in the parking lot in the rain all day. And, I’m not a fan of being killed by lightning. Otherwise I’d be planning a weekend trip...

Leaving it in the sun might be much worse.

Welcome to the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back