• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Orange, TX.

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Walker
I have been looking around for about a week and figured it was time to say Hi. I just bought a 2012 XR650L about a month ago and am working on breaking it in. I have already found several mods I want to make in the near future. I have already bought the parts for removing the smog pump and doing dave's mod. I haven't ridden since 1979 when I had a KDX420 while stationed in San Diego, so I look forward to getting back into the saddle. I have attached a pic of my new ride if it works. Look forward to meeting everybody.:rider:

Attachments

• IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 90
welcome, so where do you plan to ride? dual sport, trails, etc:rider:

Right now I am looking at mainly trail riding and back and forth to work. I am going to use the bike to take some of the pressure off of my Jeep which get really bad gas mileage. I may look into adventure riding later on once I get my M stamp on my license ( sure don't look forward to putting out the bucks to take the coarse.)

Ok cool, I'm just getting back into off road myself, planning to head to shnf in new waverly, and burkville with my 7 year old in a few weeks or so so it will be slow paced, also been thinking about hitting the beach, have to be 100% legal for that still havent plated the wr400 yet.
:rider:

hey BOBBILLY416 :welcome:
JOIN US in the forum's texas dual/sport
general dirteness
look for HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN..:thumb:
how about SHNF trail's for riding.?
and my XR650L also get's better gas milage than my JEEP. :haha::lol2::rofl:

........lonnie..........

One of the bikes in my garage is a BRP and I graduated from Sulphur High School so I guess we have something in common. And welcome to the site. Great bunch of riders. And check out the Big Bend ride the first week in March.

The beach ride from Sabine Pass to High Island/Crystal/Galveston whereever you decide to stop is one of my favorite riding areas in our area(I live in Beaumont)...And it's legal.

One of the bikes in my garage is a BRP and I graduated from Sulphur High School so I guess we have something in common. And welcome to the site. Great bunch of riders. And check out the Big Bend ride the first week in March.

I didn't know that Robert, Mrs.C's family (my inlaws) are from the Orange area.

Oh, and to Bobbilly, Welcome. :clap: Sam

Well, I was born in Texas but due to my Dad's job I moved to Sulphur, La. in 1961 and graduated from Sulphur High School in 1966. I think this makes me a certified old guy. Had a great friend from just north of Orange named Trey Blanchard who I raced motocross with. And I've ridden and drove the beach many times. Bought my first new bike from Revon Craig in Beaumont in 1971. A Yamaha MX250. This was my 4th bike but first new one.

Hey Bobbilly, Welcome! Beaumont here, occaisional jaunts to sabine pass as well as SHNF. Always looking for more places to ride. Post up and lets hit it.

Welcome. In a previous lifetime, I lived in Mauriceville. Please, don't hold it against me! :giveup:

Hctr154 I live just south of Mauriceville on FM1442, small world so I will not hold it against you. It really isn't too bad of an area when someone isn't trying to run me over.
Hellwig I am planning on trying out Barnwell Mountain recreation area, they have motorcycle trails, atv trails, and 4X4 trails, since I also have a three wheeler and a Jeep (my baby) it seems like an all around place to go. Anyone been up there? If so let me know your opinion of the trails. Probably won't go until spring.:sun::rider:

I haven't been but I have heard of it and it sounds pretty sweet. Only 4 hours away, that would be an overnighter but with enough notice it might be doable. Let me know when.

I haven't been but I have heard of it and it sounds pretty sweet. Only 4 hours away, that would be an overnighter but with enough notice it might be doable. Let me know when.
Sorry about not replying sooner but my work schedule is kind of crazy and I am on and off the forum kind of at crazy times. when I get around to planning the trip up to BMRA I will let you know, I have a couple of guys at work that would like to go so it should be a pretty good trip.

cool man just give me a heads up when it gets closer to planning stage so I can try to schedule it. I work alot too so I totally understand.

Hellwig I will try and give you at least a couple of weeks notice for planning.:rider:

Back