• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Houston (west side)

Reaction score
Long time lurker, longer time rider.

Just wanted to pop up and say HOWDY.

About me - offshore engineer from Aggieland, ride a GL1800 and GL1100.

I'm a firm believer in Aerostich gear and I'd rather sleep under the stars than in a hotel.

Sometimes, when I'm not on the bike or out in the middle of the gulf getting oil to fuel the bike, I brew beer and roast coffee - not because I can do it better than the professionals, but because I don't know any better.

And, being a native born Texian, I do a fair amount of shooting - preferring rifles built before I was born.

THE BIKES:

1981 GL1100 Interstate - Bucephalus (or Buck)
275+k miles on the clock. Probably the best all-around bike ever built. Buck carried me through most of my adult life and I just can't part with him.

2008 GL1800 Navi - Buck, Jr
26k - trying desperately to live up to the reputation of Buck. He's been known to carry two kegs of home brew and a case of wine and is most often seen on backroads somewhere between Aggieland, Houston and Beaumont with some fat guy in a yeller 'Stich on the back.

Attachments

• GEDC0481.jpg
    GEDC0481.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 100
  • GEDC0001 (2) - Copy.jpg
    GEDC0001 (2) - Copy.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Shell.jpg
    Shell.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 102
Back