• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Name this widget

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
exhaust_clamp-X2.jpg

This came in a bag of parts to mount a heat shield.

It sits on the exhaust , a band clamp fishes through the legs and the shield bolts to the widget.

I'd like to source a few of these for future use on other projects.

I would like to call it Jim in honor of Jimmy the Scab, but that isn't what you want is it?

Here is JTS with tool in hand no less!

20170819_1259111.jpg

Oh you so betty betty funny you R

Is that documentation of the red wire installation?

Be an easy part to fab in the shop if you have one for a sample. cut them on the laser, bend them on the brake and swedge in the threaded insert. Issue is not sure if a short run of them would be cost effective based on the time to recreate the part.

I would try to call the mfg and see if they will sell you some

Maybe a simpler solution ... TIG a coupling nut to a band clamp.

I saw that on ebay specials. Not sure if it's a viable solution.
There is very little force applied, so strength shouldn't be an issue.
Vibration is the enemy, I suspect. Two points of contact wouldn't work as well as 3 which might dampen the vibration.

Last edited:
Looks like you have the SD card improperly installed.

Oh you so betty betty funny you R

Is that documentation of the red wire installation?

Nope, that is straight up air compressor hook up. No more wiring pictures for this old sailor.:giveup::giveup: I waved my skivvies, it is all good now.:rider:

Back