• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boar Run - We came, we rode and rode and rode and rode and...

I am deeply disturbed by the scant presence of pictures in this thread... :-P

So would someone please explain all the various classes and levels? It is like reading some secret code :wary:

STORM Rule Book
I think the class and numbering system is located on page 3.

On race day the starting order is by letter.

One hour race starts
A starts at the actual race start time
B starts a minute later and so on thru the list
followed by C-K plus W

Two hour race starts
1 or 2 digit numbers (Pro Riders) start at actual race start time
101 - 199 start one minute later
and this follows thru until you get to the remaining numbers and the S, V
and Z racers.

1.0 CLASSIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTS

1.1 The Board of Governors will determine the status of all classes. The AA class is a mandatory
class for the top five (5) overall “A” finishers from last season. Anyone else wishing to ride in
the AA class may do so. Once a rider has signed up in the AA class, they may not move down in
class without submitting a written request to the Board of Governors for reclassification. The Board of Governors will review the request and supply a written reply.

1.2 Riders may be moved up at any time it is determined that their lap times indicate that they should be in a higher class by the BOG.

1.3 All B, C and D riders will be issued advancement points for 1st thru 3rd place finishes. These points will be the same as series points, 1st=25, 2nd=22 and 3rd=20 points. Riders will be advanced when they earn the following points plus a 1st or 2nd place finish:
B Class--------200 points
C Class--------150 points
D Class--------75 points
No riders will be advanced under the points system after 70% of the races within the series season have been completed. Points will carry year to year. No advancement points will be issued if there are 3 or less riders entered in an event. (Example: If there are 10 races, points earned in the 7th race count toward the current year advancement.)

1.4 It is the intent of the BOG to motivate riders to move to the next higher class on their own whenever possible. To facilitate this, different points scales will be used to determine the points riders may take with them to the next higher class. Series class points will be handled in the following manner:
(a) Any rider advanced or moving on their own prior to their 3rd race will take 75% of their points.
(b) Any rider advance or moving on their own after their 3rd race will take 50% of their points.

1.5 Any member may submit a reclassification request. Riders will not be eligible to submit requests
until they have completed 3 races in any one season. The Series Chairman will review the request
and submit it to the BOG. Requests will be approved or denied by the BOG.

1.6 A rider will ride the motorcycle in the class in which the motor was manufactured for according to the following factory cc sizes:
50cc 0-51cc
60cc 52-65cc up to 90cc 4 stroke, min 12” max 14” wheel, 45” WB
80 A 66-85cc Max 14” rear wheel, to 150cc 4 stroke, WB 51” or less
80 C 66-85cc Max 14” rear wheel, to 125cc 4 stroke, WB 51” or less
School Boy class 86-125cc 16” Min. rear wheel, up to 250cc 4 stroke, WB 52” min.
250cc class 86-250cc 16” Min. rear wheel, 2 or 4 stroke, WB 52" min
Open class 251cc & up 16” Min. rear wheel, 2 or 4 stroke, WB 52" min
Women 86cc and up 16” Minimum rear wheel, min WB 52”

Woodsguy races the Over 50 A class which is represented by the letter "A"
Mopower races the 250 C class which is represented by the letter "B"
FireMalt, ta2240 and Erik727 race the Over 30 C class which is represented by the letter "D"
Texas DR races races in the Open D class which is represented by the letter "K"
Treetagger races in the AA (Pro) class which is represented by single or double digit numbers
Golftech races in the Over 40 C class which is represented by the letter "F"

Tony... I hear what you're saying. If I was to bump down to the "K" class, it would only be until the end of the season(and I know I'm not going to be able to make all the races for the remainer of the year), so it would only be 2 or 3 races.

I like a challenge... but being 4 to 8 minutes behind the pack just down right sucks. If I was within a minute or two, that would be a different story.

The "K" class obviously has a handful of people that need to bump up. Some people in that class are running almost as fast as the top runners in the "D" class. I would be somewhere in the middle... probably running like 5th to 8th. And to me, that would be encouraging... to be close to a podium!

Sorry this thread has gotten a bit off course, but I thought that was the whole point of the Boar Run... to introduce non-racers to HS.

BTW... thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions!

Your right Tim, the Boar Run does help introduce new people to the H/S so it's not really off course.

Are you going to be at Honey Creek for the GP? That could be a good one to try the K line, more open and not having to battle too many trees.

Yes sir... I plan on being there. I was planning on giving the "D" class one last shot. I've haven't run the GP format yet, so I'm looking forward to actually learning a course before the race is over. That's one of the biggest changes I've had to deal with... in roadracing, the course is the same season after season... in HS/GP the course changes from event to event. And sometimes frpm lap to lap!

Man you guys were busy last night.

The class numbering system is really confusing.

The letter designation kind of messes with the "Class" meaning.
They designate everyone by classes, "Pro" A, B, C and a D class.

The Pro class is a double A. The really fast is A. The B class would be the intermediate riders and the C class is the novice class. The "D" rider classification would be the very new beginner who has never ridden mutch less raced.

The classes are broken down and then given a number sequence that the lower the number the faster your supposed to be. The lower the letter the faster your supposed to be.

The 1 hour starts with the "A" letter designation and they are the over 50 yoa "A" rider then they start with the "B" letter designation which is the
250cc open class. They try to start the races with the fastest class first so that slower people don't impede the racing.

I don't know if that helped any at all.

When Firemalt first came onto TON and started asking about racing I told him to join the Over 30C(which is 30-39 yoa novice rider and designated by the letter "D") because with his road racing experience I knew he could at least sit on the bike and shift. Some of the Open D riders(Very new to riding and they designate them with the letter "K") are very very new to motorcycles period, this is just my opinion of course. If you are able to ride with any skill at all then some of the "K" riders can actually get in you way. But also there are guys in the "K" class that are putting up very fast lap times. I completely understand where FireMalt just wants to race someone. Riding by yourself for and hour stinks. From looking at the laptimes Tim you would be in the middle of the group in the "K" class but I don't know if they would let you drop down. Good Luck

Just tell all those sandbaggers in the "K" class to move up, and I'd be fine! :rofl:

I've read and heard of people talking about how they got bumped up a class in the middle of the season cause they were scoring too many points(in the faster classes)... why don't they handle the "K" class the same way?

I would think if a person finished on podium more than once... it's time to move on from the "K" class. Give someone else a chance to have that feeling!:argh:

Just tell all those sandbaggers in the "K" class to move up, and I'd be fine! :rofl:

I've read and heard of people talking about how they got bumped up a class in the middle of the season cause they were scoring too many points(in the faster classes)... why don't they handle the "K" class the same way?

I would think if a person finished on podium more than once... it's time to move on from the "K" class. Give someone else a chance to have that feeling!:argh:

I agree 100%

I wish I had more weekends off, I think I would like to try. What class would I be in at 35yrs old on a 300xc. I usually run middle of the pack and fast guys make me faster, they also make me crash.

I wish I had more weekends off, I think I would like to try. What class would I be in at 35yrs old on a 300xc. I usually run middle of the pack and fast guys make me faster, they also make me crash.

I'd say Over 30 C which would be the bikes and the starting line with "D" with Tim, Tim and Erik and then you could make adjustments from there.

I agree with Hemi, come to the Over 30 C with me. I am 1 point behind the leader but I would give that up to be able to bang bars with several riders. The last Outlaw race me and the points leader were literally bumping tires for the full race. It was the most fun I had ever had riding. If after you race the 1 hour and you think you did not get enough then you could jump to the 2 hour C class for the next race. You are still a C rider and you can go to any C class you qualify for.

The STORM series is a blast and I promise you will get hooked.

Back