• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Back in the saddle - Bruchy Creek

brutus

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Smertneck
Well after a fairly extensive period of not riding dirt bikes I finally got back into it and in a pretty big way when I bought Firstman's WR450 off of him. He arrived Sunday night in Plano around 10:45PM after about 14 hours driving and 45 minutes sitting about an hour and a half in park on I30 two hours from Dallas. You know how kids feel the night before Christmas that was me waiting in the apartment for Santa to arrive with my new toy. But here she is in the apartment where she will live while not out on the trails/track:

IMG_0039.jpg

First thing we did was swap out what we thought was a 14 tooth sprocket for the 13 tooth only to find that the 13 tooth was already on it so the swap went back. The whole night I couldn't sleep! Kept waking up to see this bike sitting there and we were going to be hitting a real live bike park with a MX track in less than 10 hours!

Next morning I was up at 5, I wanted to leave my buddy sleeping to recover which in retrospect wasn't a brilliant idea, it would be easier to keep up if he was fatigued! Not soon enough he was up and we got all our gear on. Brushy Creek is only 33 miles from my apartment so changing there would be a waste of time. After a Sonic breakfast we pulled into the park.

IMG_0045.jpg

I was ready to ride but the battery was low and it took a few kicks to get her to life. Well a lot of kicks, it'd been more than a month since she'd been run. Finally we got her running and headed over to the MX track. I followed Firstman around a couple laps and it was pretty good. I was taking it easy since it'd been a while since I rode a bike like this and the WR has plenty of fire in her pants! She will catch air without a problem and accelerates like a banshee but is a fantastically easy bike to control. We headed back into the trails after a few MX laps and it's a pretty park, lots of turns in the trees and some nice technical stuff. One of the trails has some excellent s curves with just the right amount of berm to bank off of. Firstman is a really good lead and stops often to let you catch up. Plus he generally doesn't pick trails that were too tough. Still we were taking breaks pretty often so I could catch my breath, pretty out of shape!

IMG_0047.jpg

We did about four rides ending each one with a few laps on the MX track. I started getting the hang of the downhills. The second and third rides I started feeling confidence on the turns and by the forth my arms were getting noodly. I thought the stabilizer had creeped up to 8 it was getting hard to turn. It was an excellent first day back in the dirt and I had the best time I've had in a while.

Thursday we are going to Red River to spend the day riding and I can't wait although I have discovered a number of muscles that have been napping for a while. Still pretty sore :rider:

Very cool

Good write up have fun in the morning.

Is that the ole dirtbike in the Den trick ?

Mike Green

Very cool

Good write up have fun in the morning.

Is that the ole dirtbike in the Den trick ?

Mike Green

The write up from tomorrow should be even more interesting! More pictures too.

Dirt bike in the den, absolutely! I am maximizing the use of this machine, when not riding it's the coolest decorative statement I could make, art if you would. And being that I live in an apartment leaving a bike which requires no key to start will be messed with in some capacity. But ultimately that's just justification for the fact I love waking up and seeing at least one of my motorcycles first thing!

Dang, I look like the devil in that first picture.

Back