• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A few pics from SHNF ride May 23/09

poser

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
bohac
Being new to dirt, and being only my second ride, it was my first time in the forest. If you haven't been GO, it is GREAT!
A lot of the trails are fairly tight, its got woops, sand, mud, and some pretty fast sections. My "new to me" XR400 did great, that thing is an absolute beast. I was able to tractor around in 2nd gear most of the time. After lunch I was getting more comfortable, and we were on a preety fast trail so I finally found thrid gear. That same trail there were several jumps that were great, after a few I started taking them in third gear also. I've decided that I really like getting airborn :lol2:.

We had a good group: Jamey (jar675), Justin (JTM), Jordan, Bryan (OLDERMXER), Greg (4734), Clark (TxSandman), and myself (I hope I got all the names right).
And a HUGE thanks to therse guys for showing us around, you guys were FAST!

Well enough talk on to a few pics...

I got to Jamey's house at about 7:30, but Justin and Jordin were running pretty late, and Rosie wanted a ride...

548968699_fySEc-L.jpg

548969200_XB7wk-L.jpg

548970107_Eaa5K-L.jpg

Justin and his new boots, courtesy of Bryan. My understanding is, he had to agree to go ride Highlands as mayment. If its ok, I'd like to tag along.

548970121_FFpWB-L.jpg

Oh and Justin broke a clutch lever, but still did great. Fortunately I had one that would fit. Two wrods Justin: bark....busters.

548971529_5rQYY-L.jpg

My mixed matched plastics. I think I'm going back to white, and an MX style rear fender

http://thebohacpage.smugmug.com/photos/548970653_gyBuN-L.jpg[/img

and lastly my standard "pose"

[ATTACH=full]112191[/ATTACH]

Again thanks to thos who came out and showed us around. We did what? 38 miles, and I was BEAT! I was pretty sore for several days. Though this is probably the most fun on two wheels I've ever had. Can't wait for the next one!

Great pics poser!! You ever been to Cherokee? I'll have all the nephews in a few weeks and we'll be camping out.

no haven't been to cherokee yet, though I'm still wanting to go. matt and I were going to head out, but at the last minute he found out he had to be back in town that afternoon, so we just did the forest.
Hopefully I'll get out there this summer

Back