• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

may 2012 Conroe pie run ride reports

Hail

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
My wife and I enjoyed meeting some TWT folks.. Great group of people. We had a very short ride from Tomball, Tx. here are just a few photos from outside. I have way to many photos of individual bikes to post! ;)

Attachments

• DSC03973.jpg
    DSC03973.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC03975.jpg
    DSC03975.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC03974.jpg
    DSC03974.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 185
Re: Pie run V: Pie in the Sky -Conroe, 5/26

P.S. Buttermilk for me. Chocolate Peanut Buttor for the wife. :) Wife's won.

Re: Pie run V: Pie in the Sky -Conroe, 5/26

Sour cream raisin for me! :clap:

New Wee Strom did great!!!! 400 miles on the clicker today!:lol2:

nice long day, rolled back in the drive at 5:30pm

very large turn out I counted 65 bikes including 3 side car rigs, assorted cages including two new 6.2 Raptors!

I must ask that please PLEASE! let me know even if it is a maybe that you will be attending. up to 3 days ago we only had around 30 people signed up. it makes it hard for the eatery to plan accordingly when folks wait till the last day before to sign up or just show up!! :shame:

now to the pie!!
Mississippi mud pie A la mode!!
ce163ab5.jpg

pure heaven! Chocolate peanutbutter pie A la mode!!
db9357b0.jpg

orange sporange!!! real men ride American bikes!!:mrgreen:
f881ba77.jpg

a2a51691.jpg

I went specifically to hug Shootergal and successfully completed the mission. I also had migas for breakfast at the 290 Cafe in Manor, strawberry spinach salad for lunch with chocolate peanut butter pie. 375 miles of riding on the Wing today with high temperature of 97 degrees.

Was that you next my FZ1? If so it was good to meet you. Post up what you do about the vibration you are feeling in the bars.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Was that you next my FZ1? If so it was good to meet you. Post up what you do about the vibration you are feeling in the bars.

Me? I was 30 minute late and got the choice spot next to the odoriferous dumpster in back. :mrgreen:

Me? I was 30 minute late and got the choice spot next to the odoriferous dumpster in back. :mrgreen:

And the chair closest to the restrooms. :-P

Eventually a slice of peach struesel a la mode arrived at my table.

411 miles and home at 6:30.

That was me next to your FZ1....

Gonna try grip puppies first!

I believe we were the first group to arrive, the only bike on sight was Hardy's hack strategically parked. Had a nice ride and good company.
Left to right Vincent, Joost, Nadeem (solorider) and his grandkid, Dennis (ceddec), Jeanny (finally showed up for a ride....) and Rick.

3cba7275.jpg

Well, I am sorry I did not meet you! :) Although if you were by the rest rooms you were sitting right behind my bald noggin.

Thought it was fitting to drive the Colonel's Queen on a Memorial Day pie run weekend. Good to meet BB sidekick, great to interact with friends, and Coconut cream pie did not stay on plate long.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338128506.973314.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338128506.973314.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 159
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338128537.315694.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338128537.315694.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 165
158040[/ATTACH]"]
DSC00462.jpg

The only picture I got! That's my lovely bride (Sandy) and stevenspring (Steve) in front of my Wee!
It was only 177 miles round-trip for us, but oh so HOT!!!! This was Sandy's first ride on the Wee, still had problems with her knee from being stuck in one position!! :(

Attachments

• DSC00462.jpg
    DSC00462.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Had a long hot day with the Austin group. I ended up pulling in the garage at 6:15 with 422 miles on the trip meter. We took some great farm to market roads and did some exploring of the Sam Houston National Forest afterwards. We split up about a third of the way back and I wandered through Independence and some more back roads on the way back to Austin. Stopped in Elgin for dinner at Southside Market for some good BBQ. I saw 93 degrees on the dash readout coming home.

I went specifically to hug Shootergal and successfully completed the mission. I also had migas for breakfast at the 290 Cafe in Manor, strawberry spinach salad for lunch with chocolate peanut butter pie. 375 miles of riding on the Wing today with high temperature of 97 degrees.

Thank you so much for the hug! Really wish I could've had more time to chat with you, specifically to thank you for all the emotional support you've given me over these many months. You're a true light in my life.
HUGS!!!

Well, I am sorry I did not meet you! :) Although if you were by the rest rooms you were sitting right behind my bald noggin.

Yup that was our group. Nice to meet you and the Ms. Enjoy your new dual sport adventures and hope to see yall again at a future pie run.

Yup that was our group. Nice to meet you and the Ms. Enjoy your new dual sport adventures and hope to see yall again at a future pie run.

Good to meet you to! We will be at the one at the end of June.

158061[/ATTACH]"]
DSC00462.jpg

The only picture I got! That's my lovely bride (Sandy) and stevenspring (Steve) in front of my Wee!
It was only 177 miles round-trip for us, but oh so HOT!!!! This was Sandy's first ride on the Wee, still had problems with her knee from being stuck in one position!! :(

Time to get another FJR or similar. . . the uncomfortable riding position for my wife on my previous bike (SV650 w/ topcase), was the incentive to get mine. BTW, I am the one in the bright yellow jacket.

Attachments

• DSC00462.jpg
    DSC00462.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 149
But doesn't that bike have a Rotax engine in it? Made where else but in the land of orange, haha Or maybe just designed in Austria and now made in China?

_

well ATK was founded by a Austrian engineer, those are Italian forks but like Harley its ASSEMBLED in the USA (Utah) from imported parts!:mrgreen:

they are now in bed with Hyosung selling adjusted Korean bikes under the ATK name.

Back